Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 01-03-2010, 11:30   #11
Aggie
Emperor

Big changes indeed, but to it looks ok. I like the fact that other formation will be ok-ed as well. For me it comes at a perfect time. As soon as I understand the new concept I will start climbinh the ladder again.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2010, 04:37   #12
yndy
Prince

Changes will be big to my understanding and midfield will be hit (not necessarily midfielders). Anyway transfer market reacts with a lag so no rush to sell players.

Multiskill players will gain importance (yet again) and I'd consider buying another defender to play 4-4-2. Well, I do have 6 of them, but you may want to do that too.
Old 19-04-2010, 13:16   #13
Shabbaman
Administrator

Is there anyone who could shed some more light on this? Is it time to consider 4-4-2 with offensive CD and defensive FC?
Old 19-04-2010, 13:34   #14
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

It is impossible to predict at the moment. The details are unknown and have to be tested. I'm relying mostly on foxtrick predictions and they have not updated it yet. The main question is whether possession is tweaked down or role of midfielders in possession is tweaked down? Yes, I know what they say in editorials. But what actually will happen may be quite different. I guess first few matches might get screwed a little bit.
Old 19-04-2010, 13:42   #15
socralynnek

off CD has been weakened a few seasons ago (or better: the normal CD was strengthened), so I guess an CD is seldom worth it (depends on your opponent).

Def forward has been kind of strengthened, or kind of weakened, depending on whether you are looking on technicals.

Now look at the midfield strength: I guess ( I don't know), that the pure midfield is stronger with 3 inner mids compared to 2 IM + 1 defFor. But the defFor surly contributes more to the attack.

Or short: 4-4-2 has been strengthened comparing it to x-5-x lineups. If they did it right, then both are an option and it depends on your squad which one is stronger.

And another short: I think, one should always field all 4 wing positions (2 WB, 2 wingers)
Old 19-04-2010, 14:51   #16
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
Originally Posted by socralynnek View Post
And another short: I think, one should always field all 4 wing positions (2 WB, 2 wingers)
If the opponent is playing AIM, and can be contained with 3 defenders (does not have 2 offensive wingers and why would he play AIM otherwise), it is usually worth placing 2 CD and 1 WB against his winger. In general, if the opponent fields both wingers (even if they are towards middle) it is worth setting both wingbacks.
Old 19-04-2010, 14:56   #17
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
Now look at the midfield strength: I guess ( I don't know), that the pure midfield is stronger with 3 inner mids compared to 2 IM + 1 defFor. But the defFor surly contributes more to the attack.
If this will be true, then many teams will be playing 4-4-2 with 3 MF and one winger. This might mean that demand for wingers will decrease even lower than it is now and that I should be training something else.

However, if impact of possession is not changed, and it is computed relative to your opponent, not in absolute terms, it might still be worth playing with 3 MF. You'd be able to have higher possession against 4-4-2 and anyone playing with 3 MF will have the same problems with performance as you. Gaining 55% possession and up is the key but will it remain so?
Old 19-04-2010, 16:00   #18
socralynnek

I agree (at least partly). Playing with 3 IM will still be a solid option. But I guess, that playing with 2 IM,1 wing, 1 wing to middle might be as strong as 1 wing + 3 IM.

I do think, that posession is still computed by comparing midfield strengths relative.

But now the difference you get by having 3IMs to 2IMs is lower. Therefore it might often be better to field a defFor or a WTM instead of a third IM. Midfield is still most important, as he amtch engine itself didn't change.
Old 20-04-2010, 08:42   #19
Aggie
Emperor

Interesting times for everyone. What will be the best place to put your third central player? Offense, defense or midfield? I guess it won't be midfield, because that was downgraded the most.

I will play my cup match with 2 IM's and two pure wingers, but only to confuse my league opponent. On Sunday I will play with two IM's, one WTM and one pure winger.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 10:08   #20
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
But now the difference you get by having 3IMs to 2IMs is lower. Therefore it might often be better to field a defFor or a WTM instead of a third IM.
The question is: how much did it change? I guess we won't know until after the first cupmatches. As I'm playing with two offensive wingers (well, one of them is crap, but it's a training spot) playing with a WTM to strengthen midfield isn't really an option. So I think I'll have to see what I need for a offensive CD, as that's the only option left.