Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > Succession Games Open Forum
Home

Old 31-03-2004, 21:21   #21
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Yep, starting position is neither really good nor really bad.

One thing worth considering is an early coastal city for a curragh. Couple of turns before we get Alpha and have a prebuild. Curraghs rock for early exploration and making contact!
Old 31-03-2004, 21:21   #22
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

two micromanaging remarks for Matrix :

When you take the turn adjust the lux slider when we grow to 3 (in 1 turn) and also make sure our new citizen will work the bonus grass and not the forest. Comp usually puts the citizen on the forest as it think we;re growing fast enough.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2004, 21:36   #23
ProPain

On the coastal city. If we're lucky there's a coastal option with the right dot, maybe we have to move it a square but it might very well be possible.
Old 31-03-2004, 23:08   #24
Matrix
Administrator

3500 BC (turn 11)

Moved warrior north: sees a mountain. I like a nice view. I hope leaving alone the future settler won't cause troubles.
Set lux to 30% since Beijing grew.

3450 BC (turn 12)
Worker done building mine, is starting a road now. The warrior sees a lot of jungle around a mountain in the east.

3400 BC (turn 13)

A Japanese warrior walks on the mountain!! He has: [u]Bronze Working</u>, [u]The Wheel</u>, [u]Ceremonial Burial</u> and 10 gold. I have to offer: [u]Masonry</u>, [u]Warrior Code</u> and 10 gold.
The final offer is: BW+CB for Mas+WC+4g. Why not The Wheel? Because the only way to get that was to give both my techs.

Would he pop the hut? Is my worker in danger?

The warrior walks on the left mountain and sees a lot of grass and fertile land! [] I hope we can get that.

3350 BC (turn 14)
The warrior's going due south. The worker's done and will follow the same procedure on the other BG beside the river.

3300 BC (turn 15)
Warrior due south. Beijing grows: four tile is forest. Lux at 30% still best.

3250 BC (turn 16)

Settler in Beijing built and is heading for the left city spot. Next production for Beijing: another settler. The next city will build another warrior.
Lux can be set at 10% again.

3200 BC (turn 17)
The warrior is going west since he's there now anyway.

3150 BC (turn 18)

Japan pops the hut: a conscript warrior for them. Warrior most further west and sees ocean.

3100 BC (turn 19)
Shanghai is built! Very close to Beijing to what I'm used but hey, if you say so... As said: he starts building a warrior.

3050 BC (turn 20)

Scandinavia! Just when I thought: "What the hell am I doing there?!" Now I sent him off to find the Vikings. He has: [u]Alphabet</u> & 10 gold; I have [u]Masonry</u> & 6 gold. I'm doing Alphabet (7 turns to go). Still I trade Alph+10g for Mas, because...well, it does make us go ahead. Unfortunately I can't trade The Wheel for Alphabet(+16g) with the Japanese.

I started researching Iron Working, but Beam could change that if he wishes since it's chosen this turn.

Beijing grew, but now only 20% lux is necessary, probably because of that road I built. (Would that have been possible before instead of 30%? )

The worker will be done next turn; I suggest to build a road there as well and continue roading towards Shanghai following the bonus grassland squares.

There's still no luxury in sight. That might become our biggest problem.

What's my grade, professor?

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] BeamSG3050BC.SAV
63.84*KB
Old 31-03-2004, 23:14   #25
Aggie
Emperor

I am nervous about the fact that Japan is so close. Could bring us trouble while we try to settle our lands. Scandinavia sent a warrior as well? Man, this will be a tight spot for us . But we will win!!
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2004, 23:36   #26
Beam
c00l b33r

Lot happening Matrix! You found us some very friendly and peaceful neighbours

I can play my turns Thu night, just some considerations based on what happened until now:
- Japanese most likely have a monopoly in the Wheel.
- We did Alpha in 20 turns, I think a Philo gambit at max is very well possible.
- We most likely can control the landbridge seperating Viking and Japanese terr. with a city just N of the warrior. But not at first, fertile terrain has prio.
Old 31-03-2004, 23:38   #27
ProPain

Looks fine to me Matrix!
Although not building a warrior after the 1st settler was a bit risky imo knowing the japs probably would pop that hut. Just imagine what would have happened when barbs would have come out. But it worked out great so

Good job on the tech deals, with our neighbours so close I'm glad we can build spears and archers. I;m not in favor of researching Iron Working though. The AI will research that for sure and chances are they'll do it faster than we can.

We have 2 options, maths and writing. With alpha in so soon I'm in favor of writing we have lots of rivers so maybe we can get that under 50 turns. Depending on the situation we can then do philo if we;re lucky or else literature.

With 2 neighbours so close, we should really expand asap. I'm in favor of moving our 2nd settler towards the right dot because i think we have higher food production there.
Old 31-03-2004, 23:40   #28
ProPain

lol, almost simultaneous posts. I seems we agree Beam. expand sasp and pursue writing at max.
Old 31-03-2004, 23:52   #29
Matrix
Administrator

What will/would you do with the worker?
Old 01-04-2004, 00:05   #30
Beam
c00l b33r

hehe

If we go writing we should monitor a sudden drop in research time if it can not be related to city growth etc.

Other issues for the longer run are lack of luxes atm and how to deal with our "friendly" neighbours. Both call for further exploration imo.