Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Whomp's forum
Home

Old 02-11-2006, 16:15   #31
Tubby Rower

Yeah I've learned that I suck supremely at diplo.

The move with withholding the techs earlier was necessary and in my opinion wasn't going against any deal. It just sucked for you guys... much like me losing my land sucked for me.
Old 02-11-2006, 17:49   #32
digger760
King

What about nuclear weapons?
digger760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 17:51   #33
Tubby Rower

no one has built the Manhatten project and I doubt that Whomp has the resources to waste on it.
Old 02-11-2006, 21:50   #34
Whomp
King

I've thought about nukes but honestly they seem less effective than spies (which I can produce in 1 turn). Destroying critical resources (copper and alum) is the key in either case but with spies I have a chance to get away with it. If I'm caught, fine. Bring your stack from one end of the map to the other. This also assumes my allies won't close their borders or join me in the fight.
Old 02-11-2006, 23:06   #35
grahamiam
Emperor

Can spies screw up his production (ie, destroy hammers)? Maybe find out which cities are building the parts and then attack it with spies. Should be pretty funny, especially if he can't figure out whose doing it and you can blame Dave
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:33   #36
Whomp
King

Here's a few pictures. I can sabotage Dave's production with low probability. Here's a picture of the first city I've entered.
Here's my question to the lurkers. I've offered permanent peace to BCLG. Would sabotaging BCLG be considered an act of war? I want to do the honorable thing but we didn't discuss sabotage when we said we'd go permanent peace. There was an initial offer of alliance(peace, no spies etc) with BCLG, Mel, Robi, Mauer and I but Mel and Mauer denied this deal. Do the probabilities of success increase the longer your spy is in the city?

Here's a look into Dave's first city...

119.62 KB

Here's a view of his key resources. He does not know industrialism so the aluminum hasn't been revealed.

113.58 KB

Here's a view of BCLG's resources....

72.66*KB
Old 03-11-2006, 04:05   #37
Tubby Rower

I would say no.. Russia and the US were in a state of peace during the Cold War, but spies were rampant if you believe the old Cloak and Dagger movie
Old 03-11-2006, 04:14   #38
grahamiam
Emperor

I haven't done much with spies in CIV. In C3, if your spy failed, it was an act of war iirc
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 18:36   #39
killercane
Prince

I would venture a guess that Dave's plan is to declare on BCLG to disrupt his ship, then build his own, counting on you to not be able to beat him. Your use of spies is educational; how does it calculate the probability of success? I need to get in on one of these pitboss games, looks like a lot of excitement and intrigue!
killercane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 17:34   #40
Whomp
King

Well I tried to find out about espionage missions in civ4 but couldn't find too much. It seems the probabilities increase if the resource is not protected by units. This aluminum resource was not protected so I presume the odds increased to 90%. It will be interesting to see if Davemcw notices.

124.97*KB

I'm tempted to turn down research (for missions) and knock out my four spies. Three for Davemcw and one for Simon. What do you think?

Oh one more thing....I put units on my resources.