Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-01-2004, 02:15   #1
Bootstoots

Default Results day 11 season 21

Quote:
quote:
Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 10100 to Yellow Boots Arena. Yellow started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Mcmahan - Haas, Knott, Harley - Brunner, Borgstedt, Wahl, Esparza, Cody - Tomlin, Burney.

Munksters had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Andersson - Terry, Taylor, Kenney - Quarles, Dockery, Neumann, Campesino, Pence - Björkby, Gerber.

2 minutes into the game Chris Taylor was a hair´s breadth away from giving Munksters the lead. A prompt block by Ronny Mcmahan saved the home team that time. What ever got into Paul Wahl, the crowd mumbled, as he suddenly struck a cross pass through the own defense - ending up right in front of Munksters´s Ross Quarles, who easily put the ball away for 0-1. The visitors Félix Campesino took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 19:th minute. 0 - 2 for Munksters. The structure of the game started to change as Munksters decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. In the 32nd minute Yellows Cary Haas received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. After 34 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Benjamin Terry who increased Munksters´s lead to 0 - 3. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Yellow´s Theodore Burney got himself booked. Yellow didn´t give in and in the 38:th minute Luther Harley was able to put the 1 - 3 goal away after a play from the right. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Munksters´s Ross Quarles got himself booked. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 3. Munksters held the ball, with a clear 52 percent possession rate.

In the 50:th minute the home team was awarded a penalty. The guest´s keeper did dive the right way, but Omar Cody was still able to reduce the score to 2 - 3. Yellow´s Theodore Burney made a successful breakthrough attempt in the game´s 54:th minute and should have levelled the score, but clipped it over the bar. After 71 minutes of game time Stephen Gerber received an excellent opportunity to add to the visitors lead, clipping a volley hooked in from the right, but Ronny Mcmahan was in the right place, tipping the ball to a corner. Benjamin Terry of Munksters received a yellow card in the 76:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Munksters´s Stephen Gerber left the field after 78 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Andy Guevara. Munksters held the ball, with a clear 55 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt Ronny Mcmahan. Trevor Esparza on the other hand, had a terrible day. Munksters´s best player was Francis Pence. Andy Guevara on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 3.
My match of the season and I lost. My team spirit is down to furious, but fortunately my supporters and sponsors don't seem to mind. At least I gave the first-ranked Munksters their first close game since they started playing (my entire series joined about a month ago) and didn't have a low possession rate. I still have yet to score more than 2 goals in any game, though.
Bootstoots is offline   Reply With Quote