Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > SP challenges forum
Home

Old 22-08-2008, 02:07   #21
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

Hm, that's worse than I'd expect from you. You had a lot of trouble in that game?
No, I just chose to play peacefull. I never tried any offensive war, just one small defensive struggle. I wasn't in the mood for fighting so all I did was build infrastructure and research. No matter what version, in civilization big population means big scores, and you only get that if you conquer land. But still, the launch date is actually pretty good.

I've got a nice game with the Inca's going now. Eliminated the Maya before 2000 BC.
Old 22-08-2008, 02:44   #22
mauer
King

Not sure what it is, I just can't get into the Earth map. I played several months back, but got bored with it and used World Builder to help me to a cultural victory in the BC era.

How about we do a GOTY here at CDZ. We're all pretty undisciplined so a GOTM would end up turning into a yearlong thing anyways.
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 02:40   #23
barbu1977
Emperor

Guys, I'm trying a game and I'm wondering if you are you playing with tech traiding on or off?

(Matrix could you post the scenario game you are playing on the first post of the page)
Old 23-08-2008, 12:38   #24
Matrix
Administrator

I've added the map to the first post. I'm playing with tech trading off, basically the same game as we're playing now, but then with AI instead of you guys and with a few map bugs fixed.
Old 24-08-2008, 16:44   #25
Darkness

OK, how about this one:

Inca, spaceship win in 1830 AD, for 44153 points.

133.36KB
Old 24-08-2008, 17:28   #26
Matrix
Administrator

Pretty impressive! I'm actually playing as the Incas as we type.
Old 26-08-2008, 20:36   #27
Pastorius
Custard used tile

The least you could do is put Darkness' Inca score to shame.
Old 27-08-2008, 02:25   #28
Matrix
Administrator

No such luck, if luck has anything to do with it. I did it with 27345 points and 1882 AD.
Old 27-08-2008, 10:05   #29
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

No such luck, if luck has anything to do with it. I did it with 27345 points and 1882 AD.
Still a nice result.

How did you play this? Did you quetcha rush the Maya? Did you get one of the two early religions?

How I played the Inca game:
- Move settler one tile E, and found Cuzco. Second city will be found on the pacific coast, just S of the corn source that is near the dyes.
- Immediately quetcha rush the Maya. Raze second Maya city, then lay siege to the Maya capital. When you have enough quetcha you can capture it.
-Get Meditation (buddhism) first and build a temple for assigning a priest. Get great person points to get a prophet and build the shrine.
-Establish chokepoint with Aztecs in Panama and do NOT sign open borders until all of South America has been settled.
- And then just grow. As fast as possible, while keeping science as high as possible.
- Build lots of workers and get guilds ASAP to have enough health to grow and get calander ASAP to have enough happyness to grow.

Problems using this strategy:
- Lots of barbarians will appear in South America, so you need one city that builds military non-stop to fend them off. I recommend Mutal (Maya capital) for that.
- Sooner or later the Aztec will attack, so you must garison the choke point very well.

And then, when you're ready, you can conquer the Aztecs (and the Native Americans) to increase your lands, but you must make sure that your science rate stays high.
Old 27-08-2008, 13:45   #30
Matrix
Administrator

I played almost exactly the same way! Destroyed Pacal's second city very early and besieged Mutal, but I didn't destroy it as early as 2000 BC. I actually overdid it a bit, so I had a few units left with which I destroyed two Aztec cities and built a city of my own in Panama.

I did build Cuzco where the game starts. But I had a huge tech leap from the start that...only went worse. The Aztec attempt to attack me was pathetic.

Perhaps my expansion went slower than yours. I didn't conquer North America until I had occupied all of South America. By then I had infantry.