Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Plux' forum
Home

Old 20-08-2003, 11:00   #1
Plux
King

Default Plux vs Cartouche Bee ***SPOILER***

We're playing a standard 8-civ game on easy deity. I'm very impressed by CB's games so far, so I hope I can manage to give him some opposition, and the AI's as well for that matter, I have not played deity that often . Well, the first look at the game seems hopeful, but then again, CB's location will prolly not be that bad either.

14.34*KB

1- Nice starting position. Decided to move 1 tile in order not to waste that bonus grassland. Worker begins mining
Plux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2003, 11:33   #2
Skyfish

Why not sending the second settler down along the river ?
Old 20-08-2003, 11:46   #3
Plux
King

I will, but one step westwards gave me a better look at the surroundings
Old 20-08-2003, 13:22   #4
Aggie
Emperor

It's actually quite clever to move the settler on the game tiles first. Now you know what the best place to settle is immediately next to this vital tile.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2003, 19:50   #5
Plux
King

2- Starting position getting nicer by the turn , more wheats! I think this allows for a very dense two tiles city core. I am in doubt whether I should go for min research for IW or writing, or for pottery @ max. Decide on the last..

17.53KB
Old 22-08-2003, 04:48   #6
Plux
King

3- Settle Sparta between all that food, starts a warrior as well

5- mm both cities to produce warriors with exactly 10 shields. That's the good thing about PBEM, easy mm'ing (normally I don't really bother with it, esp as time progresses)

7- Wooot, I can see Persian borders already! nice having Xerxes so close, always good for a (immortal) cup of tea [:|]

8- Get masonry for alphabet and 10gp from Xerxes. I guess CB will prolly have the Germans or Aztecs closeby.

9 Prebuild granary with barracks in sparta.

10 pop an empty hut.

11 Mongol borders appear to the west. Pretty crowded over here! [brr]

12 Mongols have lot of nice techies and very cheap too! Give them
masonry, and receive Pottery (I had 1 turn to go), CB and WC and 10gp. Can even keep BW and Alphabet from them . AND spot two huts at two tiles distance. Pottery goes to Xerxes for 20gp.

14 Forgot to switch research last turn. Switched now to math at min rate

15 1 hut empty, 1 hut barbs. Meet aztecs, they lack masonry but have nothing. Persia seems to hemmed in east of me, oh oh

16 Meet Arabs just south of the mongols. Trade Alph for 30gp, give them masonry to make them less annoyed. Don't want no trouble yet in this crowded place. Sell Alph to Mongols for 25gp, Athens starts worker

18 sell masonry to aztecs for 25 gp, they seem to have razed some barb village

19 a warrior dies while invading a barb village, without doing any damage . I'm trailing quite some in score, but that is of course (also) due to the tiny spanning of my little empire:

27.16KB

23 Athens builds settler to go southeast towards a spot with ivory, flood plains and some nice grasslands. Mongols & Persia expanding fast, both have five cities already gotta remember this is deity

24 Meet spanish, nothing interesting about them

25 Do some trading costing me about 200 gold (partly in gpt), netting me IW, TW and an Aztec worker

28 Suddenly many civs have writing, and I have contact with the angry (as always) Germans. I buy contact with CB from the Arabs for 20gp. I have BW, TW and Mas over him, but he says he doesn't have anything in return for now.
Old 24-08-2003, 03:16   #7
Plux
King

47 First threat from Xerxes, I give in.

More threats follow from Arabia and Spain, I pay all..

61 Arabia has Lit, and no one else has. I buy it from them for 220gp and 10 gpt. Buy Poly from to Spain for it with with 35gp. Buy CoL from Mongols for it and 20gp. Sell it Aztecs for philosophy and 20gp, and to Xerxes for HR and 20gp. Trade with CB for mapmaking, and gift to the very annoyed Germans. Switch all cities to cheap libs for border expansion and culture
66 Persia and Mongols seem to be at war. Good.
71 Started an embassy in Persia, and they indeed are at war with the mongols. Also with cb, who prolly did well on an alliance. Let's hope they can free some expansion room for me! A minimap, you can see I am closed in between the three largest (and aggresive) current superpowers

17.21KB
Old 24-08-2003, 08:16   #8
Skyfish

Indeed this is a crowded map
Good luck with it
Old 24-08-2003, 10:39   #9
ERIKK

Wow, you got stuck in the middle!
ERIKK is offline   Reply With Quote