Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Tubby Rower's Slacker Kingdom
Home

Old 18-10-2005, 08:41   #1
Daghdha

Default **SPOILER*** Daghie's spoiler

OK, so Tubby has been kind enough to set up a pbem for Whomp, fe3333au, Admiral Kutzov and me....
I've only played epics or SG's vs. AI before so this will be completely new. The exception to this is I'm part of team KISS in the multi team demo game @ CFC and there's where I met Tubbs and fe. Whomp was an early tutor in SG's and a very good one too. AK and I have bumped into eachother in other SG's.
Oh well, only manageing deity with a very good start I suspect this lot will be way too much to handle for me, but I will go down fighting, smiling and . I'm mostly in this to learn pbem mechanics and to have a good laugh.

MOD action::: added additional lines so that if someone accidentally clicks here that's not supposed to, they wouldn't see the pic.
Old 18-10-2005, 12:20   #2
Daghdha

This looks nice. No pressing reason to move settler so i pop in place. Highland Park founded. I set research -->IW at full speed.

41KB
Old 18-10-2005, 12:58   #3
Tubby Rower

Daggie, If you need some help just ask. There are a lot of VERY good players in this community. I'm not one of them. People like screenshots so keep those screenies coming.
Old 18-10-2005, 14:00   #4
Daghdha

Thanks KC, when I have learnt everything you can I will go bug someone else .

My choise on going IW instead of Pot can of course be questioned. Reason is I've understood that pbem's often is bloody affairs and having a few Immo's can be a life insurance. I have a 2/3 chanse of having an opponent with later UU so if my continental neighbour isn't Whomper, then I'll go for some early to make room. With Immo's I'm counting on pointy stickin' some techs. Hopefully neighbour believes me whacky enough to trigger a desp. GA . If AK is on My cont. I may try for a peaceful trade for Pot.......the rest is mm'ing
Old 18-10-2005, 14:15   #5
Tubby Rower

Remember this isn't AI. Humans can be spiteful if you attack them at the wrong time. I'd gift everything to another civ before I'd cave. Then you'd have a whole continent to defend which isn't too easy before rails. Despotical GA's aren't too fun in longer games.
Old 18-10-2005, 16:18   #6
Daghdha

Quote:
quote:I'd gift everything to another civ before I'd cave.
That's what I'm hoping for knocking on the door with some i'mmos. I wouldn't attack in despot, but being an average player some might think I will, heh.
Old 18-10-2005, 16:25   #7
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Highland park

yummy.

water. No ice
Old 18-10-2005, 18:45   #8
Daghdha

In epics all my cities are single malt ones

3.29KB
Old 18-10-2005, 20:17   #9
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Dag, the main challenge is to outsmart your human opponents. Assume that they already know every easy trick as used against the AI.

Good luck, I plan to keep following this game!
Old 18-10-2005, 22:24   #10
Daghdha

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Beam

Dag, the main challenge is to outsmart your human opponents. Assume that they already know every easy trick as used against the AI.

Good luck, I plan to keep following this game!
I will appreciate every tip I get from more experienced players so you're welcome. I have only begun to think in pbem terms in the multi team demo game at cfc and it is very challenging and lots of fun. The aggressive approach is because both Whomp and AK knows me as a rather careful gamer and more of a builder type. I assume they count on me to be that here too. Being a bully is just an initial line of thought and it might create some confusion . I will asap seek for an alliance on the other continent. I suspect we're located to balance our UU's so romans won't be on My continent...we'll see.