Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Aggie's forum
Home

Old 07-08-2003, 19:34   #1
Aggie
Emperor

Default Aggie - Moonsinger *spoiler*

I play a deity game vs Moonsinger where I am the Ottomans and Moonsinger plays asChina. We choose to have continents.

Turn 67:

I finally find it the right time to post something as a spoiler.

I decided to go for RCP with a distance of 4 in the first ring. This resulted in a fast growth and a promising position.

Also I was able be the first on my continent to discover Mathematics . This netted me about 7 techs and the world map. Or rather, the map of my continent.

My lands:

85.44*KB

The map:

5.51*KB
Old 07-08-2003, 19:52   #2
Cruise

Deity and WTF is wrong with elizabeth?
Old 07-08-2003, 19:56   #3
Aggie
Emperor

I believe that liz was at war with Babylon or Rome... I have no embassies yet so I can't check.

EDIT: I've got embassies with Babylon and Rome now. Liz is at war with Babylon. Meanwhile I built a galley to explore the seas. Every move gives me about 6 gold each turn.
Old 14-08-2003, 07:51   #4
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 106:

A lot of peaceful expansion. I'm doing quite well, although I'm a bit cramped in the south of the continent. At the end of this turn news was that there were massive barbarian uprisings. This means that Moonsinger's continent reached the MA. My continent is not very far behind. A suicide galley of mine sees a Japanese galley pass by. I guess I will have contact next turn.

Trade in turn 107 netted :

- All contacts
- The full world map
- 6 techs of the ancient age, including Republic and Monarchy
- My free tech Engineering and Babylons free tech Feudalism
- 950 gold

I jumped into anarchy and will stay in there for 5 turns.

This is the current world map:

9.66KB
Old 14-08-2003, 20:25   #5
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 112:

I'm a Republic and make 22 gpt. I'm still a tech leader and Moonsinger is 5 techs behind. Next goal: Sipahi

Turn 113:

Beautiful demographics, mainly(?) due to RCP.

27.53KB
Old 15-08-2003, 21:41   #6
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 120:

I managed to get Invention from the Cetls for a high price. But I got it back partly by trading it to Rome for Monotheism and a lux-lux trade.

Moonsinger is at least 5 techs behind and in anarchy atm
Old 18-08-2003, 17:43   #7
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 127:

I've built a lot of marketplaces and make a nice amount of money. I am preparing myself for a war with the world power, Rome. The are at war with Babylon and winning. But I have Sipahi! I bought Gunpowder from the Celts for 27 gpt and 600 gold. The Celts are my trading partner, because the have to get stronger to keep Moonsinger busy. I have saltpeter

The world map now:

9.97*KB
Old 28-08-2003, 09:30   #8
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 154/155:

Moonsinger and I just made a deal. I get Education and Chemistry from her, while she gets my first free IA tech. Now why would I do this? Well... I want to have Sipahi ASAP and I think that once Metallurgy comes in I will now we able to research it myself quite quickly.

I decided to focus on my strength, meaning: building Universities and beeline for Sipahi. Moonsinger has the GA at this moment, with the Riders. I will have them in an ideal period.

Moonsinger managed to conquer almost all of the Celtish lands. Including Entremeont, with the Pyramids, The Great Library and Leo I on the other hand captured two Roman cities and made peace afterwards. Next war will, obviously, again be vs Rome.

10.08KB

105.88KB
Old 28-08-2003, 15:47   #9
Puwen

You could do a dirty trick with that trade. Stop researching after MT. Then you don't have to give her any tech since she will have your free tech before you do
Old 28-08-2003, 16:20   #10
Aggie
Emperor

The industrial age techs are essential for survival, so I don't think I'll do that. Good tip though