Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Aggie's forum
Home

Old 15-07-2003, 13:35   #11
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 137: I attack the Zulu and capture two cities quickly.

Turn 139 to 141: I get a leader and rush Sun Zsu!

Turn 143: I capture Zimbabwe and get the Pyramids in the process

I'm at least three techs ahead of WF and the AI: Theology, Gunpowder and Chemistry.

We are in about 250 AD now and WF and I have peace until 1000 AD. My plan is to:

- conquer as much as possible of the world before 1000 AD
- get to riflemen ASAP, at least before WF as the Sipahi.

To make the perfect picture complete: I lead in all important demographics scores.

Only concern IS the Sipahi, but normally I will have a big force vs them. WF still is stronger in military, but that's because I use the time to 1000 AD also to build markets and science improvements.
Old 22-07-2003, 18:13   #12
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 149:

I capture Bapedi.

Turn 150:

I discover metallurgy and have 4 techs over the rest . Cavalry up in 8 turns.

I also capture another Zulu city, settle near incense and the Zulu are almost history.
Old 24-07-2003, 21:20   #13
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 154:

The Zulu only have one city left. Next up is Greece
My goal: domination before 1000 AD (peace with WF will be over then)

Worldmap:

7.33*KB

Turn 156: Wildfire has captured Mecca and the TGL with it. I have cavalry now and the nex tech is education. I have to make sure that that tech is the only one he is getting. Domination will be hard without a war vs Wildfire (with Sipahi)
Old 25-07-2003, 23:17   #14
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 157:

I've got my first cavalry units. Wildfire still doesn't know about Chemistry. He is the tech leader after me

I also managed to capture Sparta and Termopylae. Athens has nearly fallen, but Wildfire appears to be willing to capture it as well.

I finally establish an embassy in Yankee Land (WF's capital). He has two clowns keeping the people happy

Turn 158:

I took Athens and the Greeks still don't want peace with one city left. I upgraded a few cavs in that city for WF to see. He's still not aware of what Chemistry is, so he must be shocked.
Old 27-07-2003, 09:02   #15
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 162:

The Greeks now only have one city left. I am in war with the Iroquois and just captured Allegheny and razed another city. Salamanca will fall soon.

I also discovered Education and sold that to the world. This is the only tech that WF will get from TGL. He just learned Chemistry and now has at least 8 turns before Sipahi. I am in a race against time: try to block WF's route to the other civs by capturing Iroquois and German land.

World map at 460 AD:

7.22*KB
Old 30-07-2003, 08:44   #16
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 163 - 166:

Wildfire captured two cities, one Iroquois and one Arabian. I captured 6 (German and Iroquois). Knights are simply not fast enough compared to cavs []. But still I see that Wildfire probably has enough land once we are the only two civilizations left. Growth of my cities won't be a problem: I have the Pyramids. But the amount of land is! That said: there is an island east of the Ottoman empire that is not totally mapped yet. Who knows, that may do the trick.

Meanwhile I managed to discover banking and astronomy is in 6.
My plan now is:

- conquer as much of our continent as possible.
- after that: settle on the island to the east
- also settle as much as possible on the main continent
- have as much improvements as possible before 800 AD
- try to get nationalism before 800 AD
- build up a military to resist WF's Sipahi once the peace is over at 1000 AD.

Oh...I also got a leader at turn 166 This will be used to move my palace to lands that used to be Zulu/Greek.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Conquest and domination are no valid victory types . I just re-read the open thread at CFC. Oh well, that makes it easier. However: WF now has to attack me... otherwise he's obviously doomed. He must try and conquer a lot of land after 1000 AD.
Old 01-08-2003, 21:23   #17
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 168:

The current world map. We still have 42 turns of peace.

7.33*KB

I'm finished with the war phase when I have taken out the last German city near my territory. After that 40 turns of building up the nation will follow. The area around the FP needs a lot of development.
Old 01-08-2003, 21:38   #18
Black_Waltz

So what victory will you go for? Spaceship I presume?

The Red Flag
Old 01-08-2003, 21:41   #19
Aggie
Emperor

Yes, space is possible. But I'm also very strong in culture. Maybe that is a possibility too. But I'm sure that Wildfire wants to go to war at 1000 AD (Sipahi).

The restriction on no domination and conquest is hurting me now. I would be able to go for domination, but that is off the table. No conquest is really just a joke. I would have attacked Wildfire if it weren't for the peace until 1000 AD rule . Leaving your enemy one city and then go for space is practically the same as conquest.
Old 01-08-2003, 22:39   #20
Black_Waltz

It's actually worse in a way as why would the other person want to play through when they only have one city?

Ah well. At least you have a lot of posibilities to win. Regarding culture what do you have right now?

The Red Flag