Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Other Other Games
Home

Old 12-12-2007, 21:40   #21
Shabbaman
Administrator

Through balls: mixed, I think. The problem is perspective. It's a good average in the Serie A, but not in this league. Opposition is mediocre at best.
Old 12-12-2007, 22:31   #22
BCLG100
Deity

First thing from looking at your lineup is. When your defending thats where your players go. However when you attack the lines indicate where your players ideally should be.

Basically you have two wingers generally going backwards, two inner mids not supporting the attack and a forward hanging back. Basically you don't have any support. Of course sometimes the players will be in different positions.

Also Burzanovic, he's alright but he's not brilliant. Check out players such as- lulinha, guillherme. Guillherme is an attacking mid/forward. Lulinha an attacking mid.

It could also be your supporting players that aren't that brilliant. Wingers need good acceleration, crossing, pace. I like to have a couple of midfielders with really good long shots as well.

When i get home i'll attempt to post my tactics etc.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2007, 07:28   #23
Robi D
King

As simon pointed out there is a lot of movement on the players. If your playing a fast direct style players can be caught out of position on the turnover of possesion. The formation as it is suited to a defensive, counter attack style.

With that formation i'd be looking at short passing, medium slow tempo. have at least one of the central midfielders looking at through balls often (high passing, decisions and creativity stats) and the winger crossing often.

As it is the central midfields moving back is fine but i would leave the wingers and strikers where they are so they can be in place ready for a quick counter attack. I'd also have the width set to wide. As a further attacking option you could set both your backs to do forward runs often to increase the midfield support in attack.

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2007, 10:48   #24
Shabbaman
Administrator

Well, the lineup works great, I'll try the wingers without falling back though. I'll up "through balls" to max, perhaps set "shoot from distance" lower: my midfielders shoot a lot, but it all goes to waste (despite reasonable long shot stats). Somehow they shoot when the players are outside of the box, but when they're in the box they pass back.
Old 14-12-2007, 16:00   #25
Shabbaman
Administrator

I had already scouted the guys BCLG mentioned, but I'm not impressed by Guilherme (from Cruzeiro, if we're talking about the same guy). His first touch is good, but his finishing is a lot poorer.

Also, what do you consider good enough for crossing?
Old 14-12-2007, 18:16   #26
BCLG100
Deity

Here's my tactics.

And here's what i tell my team to do

Normally i have the left and right winger switching postions, in this case its torje and ronaldo. Depending on who im playing i also have the attacking midfielder (right now tevez) and either the forward (rooney) or the attacking mid (lulinha) switching. It throws there markers off etc and so means more space.

And here's Rooney

Heres goals per game isn't brilliant- i think every other. Tevez has 21 in 27 games but been injured recently. However its not that important in my team for the goals to come from the attackers. In my 41 goals so far this season i've scored 100 goals and only conceded 27.

in the league i've scored 20 goals more than the nearest person and have the third tightest defence.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 14-12-2007, 18:18   #27
BCLG100
Deity

About the crossing thing- its normally dependant on whether you have players with good heading abilities. Your two forwards have 15, 13. Probably best to try and play it in to feet.

As a rule though if im looking for a specific player i expect them to have all the stats i want over 15 at the very least, then work up from there cutting players out which i dont think are good enough.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 14-12-2007, 20:19   #28
Shabbaman
Administrator

Who do you play as targetman, Rooney? What's important for a targetman, strength?
Old 14-12-2007, 21:22   #29
BCLG100
Deity

I completly forgot i had targetman switched on tbh, i used to use it when i had Saha in the team, good strength, first touch, anticipation, heading. it seems to be working fairly well with Tevez or Rooney occupying that role.

In my game guilherme is keeping tevez out of games sometimes so maybe its because he evolves over time, definatly one for the future- he's worth at least 20 million pounds now.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!