Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Robi D's Forum
Home

Old 08-11-2010, 01:15   #41
Furiey
King

I think I need to, I couldn't even make up one of those stacks though!

What units I have are moving north from taking azza's city.
Furiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 13:05   #42
Furiey
King

Long time since an update.

Declared on Socralynnek to help DZ, but had little chance against the big stacks. Many of those troops were lost however destroying my stack that too Mainz with no Keshiks visible. Matrix then joined in from the West and the Mongals retreated freeing DZs cities for him and me to retake. Matrix wiped out more of the Mongols and I took the 2 cities near my capitol and DZ stormed through the North and East, planting additional cities in his wake.

Mainz and Zoi I returned to DZ as per our agreement, after a bit of confusion with in-game messages flicking off the screen unreadable, randomly getting automaticall accepted or rejected. This seems to happen quite a lot, but not all the time, so don't know what the cause is.

Got a message from Matrix, he didn't get what he hoped for from the war and wants to keep going targeting DZ. Agreed to work with him so have declared on DZ!

Got a message from DZ who was suprised I declared as he thought we had a 10 turn NAP, which I know nothing about. Nothing about it in PMs and I don't remember one but maybe it was in those in-game messages I didn't get. This worries me as I certainly didn't intend to break any deals.

Last edited by Furiey; 02-04-2011 at 17:39.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:57   #43
Robi D
King

Things has certainly progressed, which i guess shouldn't surprise me since i've been away for a while. Looking at the map on the screenie it seems there is 4 big nations left on the continent. Can you and matrix outgun the other two?

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 13:00   #44
Furiey
King

DZ has fallen, Stapel also joined in and took the eastern cities.

I'm behind in tech having not long got rifling. Grahamium has Infantry. I'm pretty sure I am next to go, which after my possible deal break with DZ would probably be a good thing. I certainly didn't intend to break anything and the worry if I did or not has spoilt the game for me, I shall have to be much more careful about keeping track of deals if I play another. Not going to give up though, that would spoil it for everyone else! Stapel is very strong overall, it may be in everyone's interest to band together to prevent him from walking across the main continent to certain victory.

Last edited by Furiey; 02-04-2011 at 17:41.
Old 02-04-2011, 17:47   #45
Furiey
King

The conclusion of the DZ war - Marix and me swapping the cities about that we agreed to at the start, left me with Prague as a buffer with Stapel. This caused him to provide notice that he intended to end out peace deal. While I still could I checked out the nearest city - Tanks!

I am very behind tech wise. Both Matrix and grahamium have given me troops the try and hold off Stapel before they can declare, even so I don't expect to survive long.
Old 02-04-2011, 17:55   #46
Furiey
King

Stapel duly attacked Prague, how it didn't fall I do not know, I was left with 3 - 4 only just alive troops, one of which was a donated infantry. Stapel however made the mistake of attacking from a tile within reach of another of my cities. I attacked with everything that could reach including Spears and Archers, backfilling the now empty city with troops from elsewhere. I did however manage to reduce his stack down to 10 very injured troops.

I moved whatever could reach Prague into the city and hoped for the best, fully expecting it to fall next turn. At least it has reduced the cost of unit support!
Old 02-04-2011, 17:58   #47
Furiey
King

To my amazement the city stood and Stapel withdrew his forces to heal.

Grahmium has been railroading for me and also now has tanks. Stapel has railroaded his territory to Prague. Matrix too must be coming up to the time when he can declare on Stapel. It's going to get interesting.

Old 05-04-2011, 16:12   #48
Robi D
King

Difficult position, not much i can say except keep grinding and hope something changes

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:12   #49
Furiey
King

Prague is about to fall. Stapel attacks from the same tile again, however this time I just can't wear it down enough. Prague will fall when Stapel moves which appears to be after me rather than before me now, not that it makes any difference.

Stapel's attack force after I attacked it a few times (I really must remember to take a screen shot before)

After I've attacked. Good odds were 1.3%!

Old 09-04-2011, 00:43   #50
Furiey
King

As expected Prague has fallen