Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 26-07-2007, 09:48   #121
Aggie
Emperor

Rasmussen misinformed the team and was fired by Rabobank. I guess that otherwise the Dane would have won the Tour.

Vino doped and Rasmussen lied. Moroni brings shame to the French teams. They are killing cycling and probably this time for real.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 09:57   #122
socralynnek

And Sinkewitz brought shame to the German teams and Kessler to the German riders even further, suh that T-Mobile and Gerolsteiner (the sponsors) are thinking about stopping their investment.

And who is left then? The Spanish and Italian teams plus Discovery Channel... but they are probably worst of them all...

Maybe, at the start of eah rae day, diretly in front of the starting line, all drivers get their own blood pumped out and get artificial blood from the Tour organisation...that way all have equal conditions...

Or maybe the Tour should only be open to teams who do many controls themselves (or pay someone for it), even if that means the Tour would be dropping out from the UCI...
Old 26-07-2007, 10:16   #123
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by socralynnek

And who is left then? The Spanish and Italian teams plus Discovery Channel... but they are probably worst of them all...
True.

Well, in any case, this is good for Rabobank. They won the tour, and they fired the suspicious guy. They had the media attention, and they do what the french teams and media want them to do. Only upsides.

The downside of this is that the media now know they can get rid of anyone they don't want in the yellow jersey. Now I just hope Cadel wins, I greatly dislike Contador.
Old 26-07-2007, 10:17   #124
Kingreno

This is Fubar. Then to imagine I took a day off yesterday to watch the Aubisque climb... I do not know where it will end. Last years tour had no winner and this year will not have a real winner either. It's devastating. The tour is the climax of cycling, imagine the FA cup or the super bowl without a winner in the end (or the sucky team that was knocked out in the quarters becomming winner because all others cheated ...).
Old 26-07-2007, 10:28   #125
Aggie
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman
[br... Now I just hope Cadel wins, I greatly dislike Contador.
Cadel did ride for Mapei and T-Mobile, teams with a past...
Old 26-07-2007, 11:19   #126
Shabbaman
Administrator

Good one, yet Tom Boonen says that Evans is clean, so it has to be true
Old 26-07-2007, 11:28   #127
Aggie
Emperor

Quote:

Good one, yet Tom Boonen says that Evans is clean, so it has to be true
Indeed, Boonen is the new Museeuw and therefore as clean as can be!
Old 26-07-2007, 15:22   #128
grahamiam
Emperor

Quote:

Quote:

True.

Well, in any case, this is good for Rabobank. They won the tour, and they fired the suspicious guy. They had the media attention, and they do what the french teams and media want them to do. Only upsides.
Fuck Rabobank. They should have made this decision before the race started, not 4 days before the end! All they did by waiting was make things worse.
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 15:28   #129
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by grahamiam

Quote:

Quote:

True.

Fuck Rabobank. They should have made this decision before the race started, not 4 days before the end! All they did by waiting was make things worse.
I agree with grahamiam... Rabobank fucked up, and now they're trying to fix things.

This is just another example of a beautiful sport (one that I really enjoyed watching 10 years ago) is going down the drain fast...
Old 26-07-2007, 15:53   #130
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by grahamiam

Quote:

Quote:

True.

They fired him because he lied to the team, not because he failed to fill his forms. At least, that's what De Rooij says.