Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Whomp's forum
Home

Old 30-10-2006, 09:31   #91
Darkness

Ughhh...

Another loss for me.
I just got killed by 3 TD weeks from Reggie Wayne and LaDainian Tomlinson... My opponent is already leading by 50 points and he's still got the Minnesota defense and Chester Taylor in monday nights game.
I drop to 4-4...

Whomp's still got a shot to improve to 2-6. He's leading by 12 and the his opponent has got only Laurence Maroney in monday's game.

Good luck.
Old 31-10-2006, 02:01   #92
Whomp
King

Darkness I'm snake bit. In my other league I had a 40 point lead going into the Monday night game. I had Thomas Jones and A. Boldin and he had Rackers and......the Bears!!!

Those 3 defensive scores in the 4th quarter by the bears left me with a 1.4 point loss.
This week I lost by 0.1!!! There were two plays that stuck out. One was when Andre Johnson caught a pass for 11 yards to end the game (putting me in bonus zone) by they tried a hook and ladder play and lost 8 yards knocking me out of bonus zone....to top it off Julius Jones needed 2 yards to win it for me but they played Marion Barber at the end instead.....I can't catch a break.
Old 31-10-2006, 09:06   #93
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Whomp

I can't catch a break.
Me neither these last two games. I scored 120 and 104 points the last two games, but my opponents countered with 135 and 173...

Most other weeks the 100-110 range is good enough for a win, especially on the bye weeks. Not this year, unfortunately...

Whomp won! He's out of the basement now...
Well, a bit anyway. Instead of being tied with one other team for the league's worst record, he's now tied with three teams for the league's worst record (2-6)...

I'm sixth overal now with a 4-4 record, but next week I'm playing the no.2 Ironclads (7-1 record). Whomp is playing the Mighty Goats next week (3-5 record)...
Old 06-11-2006, 10:59   #94
Darkness

I am back in the playoff hunt after a whopping 40 point win over the Ironclad... (though I must admit that I was losing this before Javon Walker turned in his monster game )

Whomp's getting beat (again ). He needs a monster game from Randy Moss on monday night as he's trailing by 41 points. Not going to happen. Oaklands QB isn't good enough and Moss is tanking anyway...

Sorry Whomp, but your season appears to be over...
Old 06-11-2006, 15:48   #95
Whomp
King

RaMo is lame-o. My team stinks so I keep qualifying it by saying how sweet my other teams (one has Javon Walker too!!!) are and that I'm still alive in the last man standing pool.

I'm behind you 100% Darkness I'd like to see you knock off some of those smug little punks. []
Old 06-11-2006, 15:52   #96
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Whomp

and that I'm still alive in the last man standing pool.
Still 3 people remaining? Or did anyone miss this week?
Old 06-11-2006, 17:11   #97
Whomp
King

Nope.
Two of us took the Giants (phew) and the other person took the Chargers.
Old 10-11-2006, 17:02   #98
Darkness

I've got a bad feeling about this week...
McGahee is out with broken ribs and I really need a win this week, because my schedule toughens up considerably after this week.

Funny though: I always hear a lot of advice about picking RB's in the first two rounds, so I did that this year, and look what happens. My first rounder (LaMont Jordan) is one of the biggest busts this season and has been parked on my bench and my second rounder (Willis McGahee) is now out for 2-4 weeks (and he wasn't scoring any TD's anyway).
My biggest difference makers were my QB (Marc Bulger, 3rd round) and my WR's (Javon Walker, 4th round and Laveraneus Coles, 4th round). I will obviously never pick two RB's in the first two rounds again...
Old 10-11-2006, 20:26   #99
Whomp
King

Good luck Darkness.

It's funny you mention that regarding RB's. It seems there are a couple elites and then they drop off huge. It seems the biggest value was was picking up players that were hurt last year or where a team had O line changes.
Javon Walker and Donovan McNabb are putting most fantasy teams on the top.
Cincy and Seattle's O line's have decimated the fantasy numbers for their players because of some O line players lost.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:34   #100
Pastorius
Custard used tile

:uhoh

Someone has taken out the trash, cause it's just not here :sad2