Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Moonsinger's Forum
Home

Old 10-08-2003, 16:16   #11
Moonsinger

I think I have a good chance to turn this thing around in the next 10 turns. Basically, the Celts (the green color south of my border) has the Pyramid and they has no iron. Currently their only iron source is in the middle of the jungle and it would take them at least another 40 turns to hook that up. Since their only horse resource is about 4 square from my border, I would easily disable it during my first strike. Therefore, here is my next plan, immediately hook up iron and upgrade 12 warriors to swordmans (I have enough cash to upgrade at least 12) and start assimilate the Celts within the next 10 turns.
Moonsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 21:48   #12
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

Resistance is futile
Ehecatl Atzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 23:56   #13
Moonsinger

Update: Around turn #98, the Celts finished the Great Lib. Now come the bad news: They had managed to form alliances with both the America and Japan against me. Basically, everyone on my continent are at war against me. To add more insult to injury, they manage to import iron from somewhere and start sending Gallic Swordsman against me. So far, I have conquered 1 of their city, lost 2 swords and a spear. I'm currently retrieving to await for my city to create a doomday-device, the settler.

Meanwhile, I heard Aggie had eliminated England. That would explain why he is currently outscoring me by about 100 points.
Old 12-08-2003, 23:54   #14
Moonsinger

Turn 105: I paid Japan 20 gold in exchange for peace. I should be able to sue for peace with America within the next few turn (since they declared war on me shortly after Japan). Meanwhile, my war against the Celts has come to a stalemate. Currently they are sending 2 or three gallic swordmans to the "x" (see map below) spot to die in every 2 or 3 turns. Since both the Great Library and the Pyramid are located at the Celtic capital (3 squares from my border), my new plan is to make peace with the American first then throw the rest of my swordmans (still have about 11 of them left) at the Celts (following the path in red). Once I capture their capital, I will sue for peace. That will conclude my first war; the next one will be fought by raiders (can't wait).

66.59*KB

PS: Once I have control of both the Great Library and the Pyramid, I'm sure I will catch up to Aggie.
Old 13-08-2003, 00:02   #15
Moonsinger

Oh, I forgot to mention that America is also at war with Japan. That would explain why most American swordmans are at half strength.
Old 13-08-2003, 22:18   #16
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

Why not take Alesia too? just for the flood plains, if for nothing else...
Old 14-08-2003, 00:23   #17
Moonsinger

A stream of bad luck hit my empire by turn#106. A stack of 9 barb horsemen show up from nowhere and took out my stack of 3 swordmans, 1 spearman, 1 worker, and 2 settlers. That was it! I lost all my will to fight and offered my unconditional surrender to the Celts. I gave all my gold to both Japan and Celts in exchange for all their Ancient techs. I also got communication to the Ottomans (Aggie) too. Now, I'm ready for barbs to sack my core cities by the next turn. Note: because of my war against the Celts, I had left my core undefended; once they killed my 3 swordmans and a spearman, they are clear to sack my core cities. Anyway, I find it very odd that those barbs totally ignored the Japanese town near their camp and headed directly toward my core cities instead.

Oh well, I will have to give up my dream of conquering the Celts for now.
Old 14-08-2003, 01:06   #18
Moonsinger

Here is my little empire minute before I gave all my gold away.

95.59KB
Old 14-08-2003, 01:18   #19
anarres
anarchist butcher

The Barbs in PTW are more dangerous, and even more so in 1.21 I think.

Was the Japanese city defended? If so that would explain why. They will now seek out undefended cities instead of impaling themselves on the nearest garrisoned city.
Old 14-08-2003, 05:07   #20
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

That sucks, I've also been having the worst luck with barbs in all my pbem games