Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > SG archive > Civ4 SGOTM 2
Home

Old 02-08-2006, 11:53   #21
Samson
Warlord

I think the capital is heavily unfavoured when it comes to choosing which city to found the religion in (ie. it is very likely to be founded in our second city). That gives us 5 cpt if we make that religion our state religion.

I think it is unlikely we would get either of the early religions first, and imposible if we found our 2nd city straight away. Our best chance would be for Confucism, as we will really need the courthouses and FP we get from CoL anyway.

I think we could try for CoL with the oricale. We are likely to have much more prodution than reaserch, so this would be a reasnoble use of 200 odd hammers.
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 13:10   #22
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by socralynnek

We start with Fishing.

Ah, that's good. I had no idea what Japan's starting techs were. Haven't played them yet. That would mean that Kyoto should begin building its' first work boat immediately.

Quote:

If you have two cities, one of which has a religion, the other don't, then the holy city always goes to the one without a religion.
But IIRC that doesn't give +1cpt directly or does it (at least one could build a temple)
Still I'd also vote for an Obelisk.
Thanks for the explanation. I didn't know that.
Old 02-08-2006, 13:28   #23
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:

But IIRC that doesn't give +1cpt directly or does it (at least one could build a temple)
Doesn't your state religion give you +1cpt for every city with that religion? Still, super mega obelisk go go go!
Old 02-08-2006, 13:50   #24
Tubby Rower

Things that have been discussed...

- focussing on shields in 2nd city seems to be a priority so move NW
- getting slavery and whipping the capital would be a good. What is the happiness limit? we could just whip it everytime it gets to pop 3. The lower the pop, the more efficient the whipping process
- having a holy city gives you 5cpt in that city. And each city with religion gets 1 cpt. I'm not sure if it has to be your state religion or not.
- aggressive settling without making nice with the neighbors could get us into an early war we're not prepared for... but I'm still learning different strategies []

Old 02-08-2006, 13:53   #25
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

- having a holy city gives you 5cpt in that city. And each city with religion gets 1 cpt. I'm not sure if it has to be your state religion or not.
Yes, you don't get culture if it's not your state religion.
Old 03-08-2006, 00:25   #26
BCLG100
Deity

However not having a state religion gives you 5 cpt in every city. If we are going to try and get a religion i think we should aim for Christianity- it'll give us a religion and give us Theocracy which will be very usefull for the wars we will undoubtably end up in.

We could always let the second city grow quickly then pop rush an obelisk or chop it, within the second cities immediate vicinity would be at least 4 forests and a floodplain so it will have plenty of workable tiles while we wait for the city to grow/worker be produced.

I havnt played any games with raging barbs on monarch but i imagine they will be fairly bad therefore i think we need to have a warrior as a first build in our second city and then switch to a worker at size 2 to chop an obelisk.

About the aggressive settling (tub's idea) with the aggressive AI clicked on it isnt really going to matter too much what we do-there not going to like us, so i say we should go for it.

There's the obvious worker steal trick we could do on monarch but im not sure when barbs start appearing so i dont think stealing the worker would really be worth it, if all it will do would be to annoy one AI and lose a worker and a warrior.

Tubs are you on team CDZ or just lurking?

Sorry about the long post-i try not to do it too much

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:57   #27
socralynnek

why should one excuse for a long post?

One should always give his input, we need thoughts for this kind of game a lot, so don't hesitate to post...

if we want to chop the Obelisk at size 2 we'd have to research Mysticism and Bronze Working simultaneously, I don't really know which tech we should research first, maybe try for a Metal Casting slingshot with Oracle?
Old 03-08-2006, 02:19   #28
BCLG100
Deity

it was a joke socral

Well we wouldnt really, growing to size 2 would take about the time it would take to research 3/4 of BW and then building the worker would take the rest of the time it would take to research myst as well.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:33   #29
socralynnek

OK, you are right, I agree, and I also don't see any sense in building the worker later than at size 2, so that'd be fine with me.

sorry, I am too tired to see jokes...going to bed now

and to your earlier question: I thought tubby wanted to join but maybe needs a little bashing to make him write the post in the sign-up-thread...
Old 03-08-2006, 02:50   #30
Tubby Rower

yeah.. I'll sign up eventually