Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > OPD's forum
Home

Old 10-08-2004, 19:49   #1
OPD

Default Killer vs OPD *Spoiler*

Duel against Killer with a map made by Beam, very nice map too with lots of bonus GL, rivers and 2 cows on bonus GL by the first city. Also 2 settler/workers start. Me as Aztecs and Killer as Sumer.

Capital builds settler straight away and 2nd city builds barracks before starting the millitary production.

Here is turn 10.

105.15KB
OPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 19:55   #2
Aggie
Emperor

Good start! I wish you good luck. I have fond memories of our 1 vs 1
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 20:03   #3
OPD

The plan is to keep it simple, the capital builds 4 turn settlers, the city SW builds 2 turn workers and the city SE builds 2 turn warriors with a worker every now and again to keep the pop low. This should allow for a very rapid growth rate.

Then once all the main cities are built the capital will start building 2 turn workers as well to work towards a big worker add wave just before switching to Republic.

147.07KB

I later became a bit crazy about the number of workers and got additional cities to build workers too, I had about 25 by 1500bc but it seems to be paying off.
Old 10-08-2004, 20:15   #4
OPD

Cheers Aggie, I hope things will be going a little differently in this game.

We're currently at turn 75 but I've gotta back date this report as things seem to be going surprisingly well, I think it has something to do with the cows on bonus grassland tiles, which give 4 food and 2 sheilds when irrigated, just from 1 tile, when used by a city each with Agril trait you can produce a hell of alot of workers and settlers real fast.
Old 10-08-2004, 20:24   #5
OPD

This is turn 48, growth is going well although I'm lagging in f11 stats, I have a good deal of workers and settlers on the way but little else, Killer has a size 8 city which will soon finish the Mausoleum.

191.2KB