Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 26-01-2005, 19:28   #241
Kemal

Snaken take 11th place with a lucky goal in a match full of incidents, 6 yellows in total, resulting in one sending-off for my midfielder.

Quote:
quote:
The 675 spectators at FC De Snaken Arena were in for an afternoon of sunshine. Snaken had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Durzyñski - Poorter, Öztürk, Meesen - Malmholt, Kajak, Lucado, Balyon, Irvine - de Silguy, Sánchez.

Wageningen had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Scherpenisse - Mccloud, Neto, Silooy - Smyth, Hoo-Kok, Sarri, Hayes, Vinke - Basten, van het Wiel.

In the 6:th minute an unfortunate play by Marcin Durzyñski gave the visitors a chance at the lead, but Lei Hayes, finding himself alone with the keeper, was unable to take advantage of the situation. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Snaken´s Wietse Balyon got himself booked. Jan-Pieter Basten had a good try in the 18:th minute, coming in on a fine move from the left, but the ball went wide. Kenneth Vinke of Wageningen received a yellow card in the 23rd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Snaken, with an impressive 52 percent possession of the ball.

Wageningen had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 54:th minute when Kenneth Vinke came up alone against Marcin Durzyñski who managed a block. In the 57:th minute Snakens Sören Malmholt received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Seemingly due to lack of experience, Mauro Sarri needlessly tripped an opponent just outside the penalty area, but the free kick that followed didn't succeed. The referee showed Wageningens Ard Silooy the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Harold Poorter went down after a savage challenge, but could keep on playing after some medical attention. Snaken broke through to the left in the 74:th minute, Berke Can Öztürk firing at an acute angle giving the home side a 1 - 0 lead. When Wietse Balyon made yet another studs first tackle, in the games 79th minute, the referee was obliged to book the Snaken player for the second time, sending him off the pitch. The referee showed Wageningens Kiessy van het Wiel the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Wageningen held the ball, with a clear 59 percent possession rate.

Most important Snaken player was Marcin Durzyñski. Harold Poorter on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Wageningen player was Kiessy van het Wiel. However, John Mccloud made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 1 - 0.
Old 26-01-2005, 21:39   #242
ciuly

Thanks all. I'll try to take part in the next CDZ cup, unless I manage to get far in the national cup (and I don't think I will , have to fight for promotion next season )
ciuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2005, 22:24   #243
Schip

Congrats Suca you deserved it. I also have to congratulate PP (again grrrr). My 'all attack' tactics didn't work. Apparently your midfield also sucks without central defenders.
Well 2-5-3 was good for passing training anyway!

Let's get ready for our first lustrum edition. I will start a new discussion threat! REVENGE!!!!!!
Schip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2005, 22:51   #244
Kemal

Before we start discussing the next edition already, a big thanks to yndy and meli for organizing and running this 4th edition, another big succes.

And although in the end Snaken could not best their 3rd edition performance, it seems that the average level of play in this cup has risen considerably compared to the previous one, and except for a lucky result perhaps vs PP which did not happen, I could not have improved on where I end in the final ranking at all, I feel, despite playing quite some first team players in some of the matches.
Old 26-01-2005, 23:49   #245
Shabbaman
Administrator

Shabba beats Chemists 6-0. Star midfielder injured for 5 weeks, akots might find his horses head in his bed tomorrow.
Point of interest: my forward trainees formed the defence and got a clean sheet, a better performance than my regular players.
Old 26-01-2005, 23:53   #246
English_brit

Yeah, thanks Yndy and Meli. Enjoyed playing in this Cup. Appreciate all the time you've both put in to managing it.
English_brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2005, 03:09   #247
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

@Shabba: I guess when 2.5-3-star players have to play with +5-star team, the only way they see fit is use the dirty tricks.

Looking forward to cup number 5!
Old 27-01-2005, 11:45   #248
Q
Chieftain

Thanks to the organisers of this Cup. I'm looking forward to the next edition! I hope this edition starts early in the season.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2005, 11:39   #249
yndy
Prince

I’m a little busy these days, so the final table will be updated with a short delay.
Old 29-01-2005, 03:44   #250
Bootstoots

I too would like to thank yndy and Meli for organizing and running this cup. I'm very satisfied with my third-place finish and I'm looking forward to the next cup!
Bootstoots is offline   Reply With Quote