Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > ProPain's Forum
Home

Old 24-10-2003, 10:10   #11
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

I like the way Korea expands - if you can keep them from settling northwest of P'yongyang you will have a nice route into their core. Strike at P'yong, then advance on Seoul.....

shitty core for you though, water and desert
Old 24-10-2003, 10:10   #12
digger760
King

First the fish of death..now this...some people are very observant.

But is it attacking or flying away???
digger760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2003, 10:23   #13
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

look where the bombs would fall......
Old 04-11-2003, 22:09   #14
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

and here's the 2030BC update.

The glorious Chinese beat the crappy Koreans to the spot!

29.12KB

Our end of the world as we know it (and we feel fine)

150.4KB

The score we need to settle.
Apparently those Koreans aren't so crappy after all....

26.08KB

The Famous F11 stats, not too shabby

18.39KB

Well the koreans apparently lead the score, but with a size 6 capital that's the leading city of the world I'm not surprised. Lucky for me their empire is stretched and can access theri core quite easily, also they havent met any other civ afaik because they still lack mysticism. I can only hope everyone is as isolated as we are. If not:major shit on the tech front.

startegy: maybe grab a bit of the eastern free land. Trade mysticism for the wheel.

IF territory=horses THEN build chariots, upgrade to horsemen, attack korean core
ELSE cry, do what it takes to get Iron working and go swordsmen route

Of course there's the possibility of no iron, no horsies. That will mean cursing and crying and the ever so wastefull archer attack. Let's just hope it won't get that far.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 23:15   #15
ProPain

The 1200 bc situation

87.05KB

Managed to get fair piece of land and have a nice clear way to some major Korean cities. I have horses (star) and Korea has iron (other star) I have 10 chariots waiting for upgrade. HBR in 5 turns. Korea is Hbr and writing on me. I'd rather have writing before I attack Wan Kong, better extort ops, but I think I wont manage that.

Pusan will for sure be a target in my first attack. Still in doubt if I should go for Pyongyang or straight for seoul with 2nd stack. Probably Pyongyang as Seoul is building pyramids. I want those, so Korea needs to finish first. When Seoul is still working on those when war starts thats an advantage because the AI wont abandon their wonder build.
Old 12-12-2003, 07:27   #16
Skyfish

Make sure you investigate Seoul or open an Embassy before you attack so that you know when/if they can finish the Pyramids.
Old 12-12-2003, 10:59   #17
ProPain

breaking news

The turn after last update I have contact with the greeks! They in turn have contact with the zulus (KingReno). I trade Poly, WM and 42 gold for contact with zulus and writing. Greeks build pyramids.

KingReno lacks writing, IW and poly. I try to trade with KR but claims he has no money and no techs. The last part I believe. I sent back the turn

The foul zulus, use their cash to buy writing from the Greeks and get an embassy with korea. They declare war on me and ally the koreans in it

Lucky for me I was preparing for war with korea anyway. I quickly get hbr from the greeks for 2 gpt iirc and start the WC upgrade. FIrst few turns of the war are very quiet. I send a scouting warrior into Korean territory where he wins 2 battles against unknown units in the interturn. After 3 turns the first units show up at my border. 2 spears in the south-west and archer/warrior in NE.

The war with korea broke my deal with Wan kong, so he no longer receives 7gpt and ivory from me. I'm on 24 gpt and upgrading a WC per turn. building 1 horsie per turn too. Start sending a spear towards Pusan Iron. I can probably pillage that and that means korea wont have iron or horses. I think I can manage spears and archers.

Old 19-01-2004, 10:18   #18
ProPain

The War continues

After a break from the game irl we continued yesterday.
My pillage action on Pusan failed I can road a tile between CHengdu and Pusan and reach it in one turn from Chengdu. Raze Uslan, fend off a bunch of swords from Xinjian. Take Pusan, Raze Hyangsang, take Pyongyang, raze it after a few turns when the sole survivor keeps resisting, to close to Seoul and I dont wanna risk a flip. Resettle it. Take Nampo, get a leader. Save it for FP, rush a settler in shanghai for FP city

In 610 BC I get mono on literature. Sell it with 10 gpt to greeks for peace CoL, maths. Sell Maths, lit, 90 gold to romans for WM and MapM. KingReni is huge. Settle FP city and rush FP. Get an embassy with the greeks and pay the greeks 21 gpt for an alliance against the zulus

Some pics.

217.54KB

My empire, the arrow indicates the Indians, will contact the, soon now I have mapmaking. Switched a prebuild to galley.
Short term strat: get all korean cities on my island, they lack horses and iron so that wont be a problem. Wan kong has 1100+ gold so I hope to get that from him before he spends it on other stuff

172.06KB

KingReno's empire. He's HUGE but he doesnt have iron. I paid the greeks for war. Greeks compare strong to me in F3, Reno compares average to me. My guess is Reno build a lot of impis and horses. I hope this war will trigger his GA and will waste it in despotisme.

131.69KB
Old 19-01-2004, 10:57   #19
ProPain

I meet the indians and they have contact with germans and ottos. Very good

trade poly + contacts
trade poly, WM, 5 gold to ottos for construction
Get 347 gold, WM, from germans for poly and lit
trade constr to greece for currency 171 gold and 18 gpt, hello MA!

Gift all lacking Ancient age techs to greece, ottos and germans. I';m hoping a good deal with free techs is possible. All draw monotheism . BUy mono from germans for WM and 660 gold. Sell construction to Romans for 147 gold and WM (allthey have) This way everyone that Kreno can trade with has the same techs. Forget to sell lit to indians fot their remaining 50 gold or so . I'm up construction, currenct and mono on reno now. I hope he's pissed that I manage to get 6 techs in 2 turns.

Here's a screenie of the new lands

233.6KB

Old 19-01-2004, 15:19   #20
ProPain

A few recent developments.

- I ally the Romans to prevent them doing deals with the Zulus. Give mono for it, get 97 gold+WM in the deal.
- Indians build great lighthouse. This means they can now reach the Romans withour risk. I decide to sell contacts around and get 900 gold for them. Mainly the gold I paid the germans for Monotheism.
- Set research to max on republic. 16 turns at -25 gpt iirc. I can easily spare the money as I dont need any upgrades now and I can't rushbuy anything in despotism anyway.
- I take Wonsan. (already taken Seoul too) I now have a harbor and trade furs +2gpt for 1 incense with India
- Kingreno allies the Ottos against me. Whatever he fancies. This must cost him and I have done only deals for cash not gpt. Exception being the greeks but as they get money from me and not other way around that wouldn't be a problem also.
- Zulus raze Ephesus.

Apparently something interesting is happening in Zululand as KR's spoiler attracts a lot of replies. I fear it cant be bad as he just razed a Greek city. I only hope he gets a GA in despotism.