Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Romeo's Random Ramblings
Home

Old 17-12-2005, 20:32   #1
romeothemonk
King

Default The Civ 3 Conquests bug bites again!

Well ladies and Gentlemen (I assume by the fact that I am posting here it is mostly dudes reading this)

I played the conquests more than any "normal" game of C3C, and I have been working on a plan to get all of my conquests beaten at Deity or better.
As you can see from this list I am really close to this.

55.29KB

I will be working on the MesoAmerica and the Mesopotamia ones shortly.
The Germany MA win involved me not winning a single knight battle!! I also finished in 11 hours, thus helping to prove Mistfits assertation that I play fast.

Ideas, suggestions and the such are highly encouraged!
Old 02-01-2006, 19:11   #2
romeothemonk
King

A couple of updates to the big board.

The Mesopotamia conquest was fun. I actually built 3 wonders on Deity!! I impressed even myself. The rest of the game involved taking it to the Phoneocians for conquest and unit kill VP.

The Mesoamerican game was even better. I left the first age with 1 turn left in the game. I was despotic the whole game. I was at war after the first 60 turns, built a wonder and never lost a city.

Both were fun. I will Never play the Sword of Sengoku scenario again. It totally blows. I am fine with a solo deity win there.

Next, Napoleonic Europe as either Nappy or King George on Sid. The reason for the repeat is that that win is an SG win and all my other wins are solo now.

89.14KB
Old 02-01-2006, 23:00   #3
Whomp
King

Great stuff Romeo! So how would you rate each of the scenarios?

I'd like to try a few too since I'm getting that bug as well. Scoutsout and M60 are looking to do a SG, modded European WW II I think, that I'm going to participate in. I saw Ville also post in a number of these threads.
Old 19-01-2006, 01:31   #4
romeothemonk
King

How do I rate the conquests. hmmm.

The most fun is the Middle Ages.
The worst is easily Sengoku.

The most challenging (Easily winnable) is playing as the allies on Sid in WW2.
I rate them as follows. (top to bottom)
Middle Ages
WW2
Napoleon
Rise of Rome
Mesopotamia
Age of Discovery
MesoAmerica
Fall of Rome
Sengoku

Feel free to kibitz with strategy on various maps. The reason I like the conquests is that it isn't always a build an arty SoD and roll over people.
Old 17-04-2006, 17:23   #5
romeothemonk
King

Well, I recently did the unthinkable.
I uninstalled Civ3 from my computer.
I had "lost" the disks (with some help from my wife, I believe) almost 2 months or better ago.

So it is unlikely that this thread will ever be updated again.