Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > ProPain's Forum
Home

Old 22-04-2003, 16:37   #21
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Lucky Break!

Finally I got the lucky break I was hoping for. Germans and Persians got contact with the Iroquois, no other AI had it. I bought it from Bismarck for 6gpt, I'm aiming on a long term good relationship with the chancellor Sold the contact around for WM, tech and gold, and sold the WM around, sold iro remaining tech. Result : WM + 100 gold, mysticism, literature. Anarres doesn't have literature so maybe I can trade it for another tech with him. The 80 for MapMaking paid off, I traded it to the iroquois for WM, 56 gold and mysticism. Which was all backward hiawatha possessed so now he's a poor backward little bastard.

The minimap looks like this:

9.82*KB

Good news: The Persians live next door to Anarres and they appear strong. Annarres told me he wants to go to war soon, my guess is he'll go for shaka first. If so I might be able to convince Xerxes to pick on Anarres A war against Shaka and Xerxes means two UU against you and prolly also 2 civs in GA. Hopefully the AI will discover republic soon, that way shaka and xerxes will benefit the most from it. Doesn't matter for me since the babs alrdy have their GA now. To prepare myself I built an embassy in Persepolis so Xerxes will like me better. Made a screenie of persepolis:

51.52*KB
They almost finished the GW, even better. If anarres wants to attack Xerxes instead of the zulus that will make his life a little more difficult.

Told anarres he can buy literature and Iroq contact from me, I'll let you know what his answer his. I expect he doesn't want to buy it since he can prolly get it cheap from the AI.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2003, 12:57   #22
ProPain

WAR

After last turn, babs built the great wall, everyone switched to great lib iirc. Bad news because the persians have a fair chance to finish it and they're near to Anarres.

The good news: Anarres declared war on the zulus (or the other way around maybe, it's hard to tell). Dunno what happened but his army now rates average to mine which consists of: 3 spears, 5 horsemen, 18 warriors. That's not very impressive in my book. Shaka paid me construction and 50 gold or so to declare war on Egypt, I'll take that deal thank you! Next I had a little chat with mr Xerxes, he turned out to be prepared to ally with me against the Egyptians (anarres) and the babs (he's at war with them together with germany) when I trew in 7 gpt. I took that deal to. Xerxes is a powerfull mofo and immortals are hard to fight with war chariots. And no doubt both shaka and xerxes will hit their GA, I'm now hoping the discovery of monarchy/republic will be around the corner. keep you all posted
Old 23-04-2003, 13:14   #23
ERIKK

Anarres is fucked! But when he was in such a situation against me (true, a better one than this one of course), he managed to survive and even get better out of it!

But anarres should have known you would set up the Persians against him. I wonder why he did not got them involved against the Zulu's???
ERIKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2003, 14:51   #24
ProPain

My guess is Anarres is broke, knowing him he micromanages everything. This means he almost without a doubt noticed the Iroquois contact was for sale, but still he didn't buy it. Explanation: no money. The same for the Persian situation. He must have known that I would bribe Xerxes so my guess is he couldn't afford the alliance with Xerxes, or maybe he thought I couldn't afford it after paying him 80 gold.
Old 25-04-2003, 09:10   #25
ProPain

Anarres acted surprised when he found out I turned the Persians on him. Nice acting . My babylonian front was quiet. Rheims finishes another horseman and Chartres finished the barracks I whipped last turn at the cost of one citizen. Rheims started next horsemen this will be my springboard for an attack on Babylonia. Chartres started another spearman. I will go heavy on defense since it's not connected to th road network yet (4 more turns) and it's not on the invasion route like Rheims is. Which will mean Rheims will have a regular reinforcements from the french heartland who are on their way to the front. Also there was some bad luck as the babs dragged the zulus in a war against Persia. That may help Anarres a bit, instead of having to deal with both of em by himself they now may attack each other also.

Old 25-04-2003, 09:42   #26
ProPain

Another turn finished. Anarres still hasn;t lost any cities and his amry turned strong compared to mine again. I think he whipped something in one of his border towns as I thought it was a 4 pop town and now is size 2. Suits me fine, destroy thoses citizens

The whole world suddenly has CoL and Polytheism. Detailed investigations show that both the zulus and iroquois lack Poly and the iro lack construction still. Trade hiawathe COnstruction for WM and CoL. Persia is broke and Rome suddenly is rich. My guess is Xerxes spent 500 gold to buy poly from Caesar or something. Pity since Xerxes war prepared to loan me money and Caesar isnt.

Checked the babylonian front by sending a horesmen in and out. Still very quiet. Next turn my iron is roaded and I'll upgrade 4 warriors to swords. Turn after I'll launch my attack against babylonia I think. Also my deal selling furs and gems to shaka fell thru last turn when his harbor got seperated from his capital by an egyptian border expansion. He has another harbor all the way to the East which is 2 tiles away from being connected to Salamanca. CONNECT IT YOU BASTARD. I need the money!!!! Hope I didnt get a rep hit for the canceled deal since it was all Shaka's fault. Luckily another 6gpt with shaka will end in 5turns so then I can upgrade faster.
Old 27-04-2003, 15:10   #27
ProPain

OMG the Babs are coming!!!!!

68.25KB

If they keep sending cannon fodder like this, life will be sweet!
Last turn Anarres was strong compared to me again, but look what happened!!

49.42KB

I suspect Xerxes is Anarres. Go Xerxes go!!!

I connected my iron and upgraded 4 warriors to swords. 3 of em in Rheims so my bab welcome party is ready. Lets get those wines!

43.4KB

Bad news is this amry compares average to the zulus, so I guess Anarres hit Shaka pretty hard that first turn of war.
Old 27-04-2003, 17:33   #28
ProPain

750BC
in turn 750BC Anarres lost a city!!! Nice work Xerxes. My horseman defeats a bowman that appears at the border. Anarres made peace with the Zuluz, now that's not what I want. Luckily peace links Shaka's Harbor to Zimbabwe so I an bribe him into another alliance for gems, furs and 3gpt. It's quite a lot but my strategy now is to let Xerxes and Shaka harass Anarres without letup.

730bc
Anarres isn't pleased with my deal with Shaka. Here's the mail I got:

26.55KB

Also something weird happened with my alliance. Shaka war with egypt left hiim without a harbor. This means I can't trade my lux with him. Strangely our alliance isn;t broken but I'm not passing on lux according to f2! Look at the screenies:

29.21KB

17.8KB

I've got a sizeable army in Rheims now and the apparently this scared Hamu a bit because he turned his troops around. I'm not sure when to attack but it will be one of the nect turns. Kish here I come! Need to build a settler though because I want to capture babylon but need to raze it to avoid a cult flip.
Old 28-04-2003, 00:02   #29
ProPain

690BC

Started the turn and saw this!!

46.23KB

Gifting cities to Hiawatha so they won't be taken. Suits me fine, now I only need to involve Hiawatha in this war somehow.

My own front:

32.15KB

Some good news when I ended my turn.

41.41KB

Great lib close to home!! That will definitely be my war objective now. No more research necessary
Old 28-04-2003, 07:29   #30
Aggie
Emperor

Keep up the good work Very entertaining spoiler thread you have here. Anarres is in trouble and you are doing great. I hope you don't mind that I am for the underdog now. I wonder if he will be able to get out of this trouble.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote