Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Irigy's forum
Home

Old 12-02-2004, 19:38   #11
Irigy

And yet another quick update:

Rejoice! War is over!

Fierce battles bring end to mongol dictatorship +++ the colossus is ours +++ dutch people met +++ the west is being settled +++ naval attack feared from the evil vikings

After long battles for their capital the mongols were finally defeated by the magnificient Celt armies. The Celts started their so called "second wave" of settlers and the whole known land was being settled.
In the process a lot of Dutch barbarians (warriors) were met. They pose no real danger, but did annoyingly settle near a source of gems. This primitive people also erected the pyramids! Imagine! (Much to the dismay of Killer ).
In another development, our chief visionary noted a sudden surge of power coming from the general direction in which we think those red-beards dwell. Our military leaders fear a naval attack coming rather soon...
and advise! )
Irigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 20:34   #12
anarres
anarchist butcher

Can we get a map and a date please?
Old 12-02-2004, 23:01   #13
Irigy

Ok, so here's some data to support the latest news headlines:

Let's start with the good news:

Not too bad, huh?

Still positive i'd say, but note that dent a few years ago. Our analysts think that this is the point where the Scandinavians started to mass produce archers! From a source (Killer himself) we know that Trondheim currently produces 2 archers and 1 worker every 5 rounds . We can also assume that he's only two techs (at max) away from invention
And it's quite safe to assume that he has ships ready to transport them once Leo's is done (which he surely is preproducing already).

To make this update complete, here's a mini map and our humble lands from birds perspective:

Thank you for your attention, and stay tuned for the next episode of "How the vikings slaughtered yet another helpless victim"
and advise! )
Old 13-02-2004, 01:54   #14
anarres
anarchist butcher

The best way to beat an amphibious assault is to sink the ships before they reach shore! You can't underestimate how many boats you need to fight against Beserks in a human's hands.

Now it is too late to mass produce boats, but any galleys you can rush now will be well worth it.
Old 13-02-2004, 09:18   #15
Plux
King

Before despairing totally, do you have any idea of Scandinavia's whereabouts? Is he on the same island as the Dutch?
Plux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2004, 09:36   #16
Irigy

The minimap shown is only half of the actual map, but we don't have any knowledge of the other site. His currags came from the right. First contact with our continent was made somewhere near that small unsettled island right of that peninsula (on the right of the minimap shown).
and advise! )
Old 13-02-2004, 10:41   #17
Skyfish

Well first, well done on your expansion ! 42% of the world pop WOW !
Emperor is definitely your level and not Monarch
First tip post a curragh or galley to the most earstern tile around that island as this is where the invasion might come from
if I understand right !
Also you need more map knowledge, as anarres says rush and produce as many ships as possible ASAP !
Old 15-02-2004, 05:04   #18
Grille

Quote:
quote:
Thank you for your attention, and stay tuned for the next episode of "How the vikings slaughtered yet another helpless victim"
Hmm, helpless victim??
42% vs 20% population! You could even still settle some spots.
That and you can satisfy your folks with 5 (or more?) luxs. Ivory amongst them and I see Entremont has a ToA build going, so...
Is Zeus ready yet?

Grille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2004, 17:07   #19
Irigy

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Grille

Hmm, helpless victim??
42% vs 20% population! You could even still settle some spots.
That and you can satisfy your folks with 5 (or more?) luxs. Ivory amongst them and I see Entremont has a ToA build going, so...
Is Zeus ready yet?
Don't forget that the Celts leader (god know how he got there is the first place!) doesn't really know what he's doing...
For examples, since the impending danger through beserks was realized, production was concentrated on war material. Public life (and production: libraries and markets for example) came to a halt.

Temple of Artemis was cancelled at some time in the past, and something else was constructed, which i'm too ashamed to name here.
It'll go in the celt history as the really really big mistake. Oh well, Killer surely enjoys that.
The only city that may build the Statue of Zeus is quite small, and won't grow much in any forseeable future, so it'll take very long until it's done, and the dutch are also constructing it currently, so i think we'll lose on it.

On the other hand we should start a war againt the dutch, before they get too strong, but we fear that as soon as we attack the dutch, the viking invasion will start, so we're sorty of petrified currently.
and advise! )
Old 17-02-2004, 23:13   #20
Irigy

Just a short update:
The Celts are currently at war with the Dutch when the Viking ruler Killer himself not only announced "that the time has come", but also that he'll post a spoiler.
(After carefully checking that there was still a Celt nation when i received his turn, i figured out that i was indeed not already defeated... ).
Makes me wonder what he's got in mind exactly...
We can be pretty sure that the Vikings will come from the far east (right side of map) using those little islands (one of them was settled by the vikings!) to get to us safely. We also know that he's aware of our defend force (we put some ships near the coastal cities). So either:
- he has a lot of ships to waste
or
- he'll land somewhere else
Maybe he's going to attack me near former Dutch territory, where we are already fighting, but he must be aware that there are a ton of our proud warriors.

I think THIS time the threat is real. So i'll be starting to produce extra defenders. Hopefully the attack will not start within the next 4 round, because then he might be in for a little surprise.

Edit:
By looking at the Active Users page, we learnt that he titled his spoiler "Axes will fall on Irigys head" - isn't there some sort of Geneva convention against things like that? ()
and advise! )