Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Matrix' forum
Home

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-06-2020, 03:03   #35
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Now back to my realm, which is doing quite amazingly, if I may say so myself. I built the pyramids before I could really put it to use. But thanks to that, I got a great engineer exactly on the same turn as literature was invented. The earlier I have the great library, the earlier I get +12 science per turn, so there was little contemplation required on how to use that great engineer.
That was probably the largest most fateful event of the game. If you had gotten a scientist instead, maybe someone else (PP, Brunch or myself) could have managed to get GLib first, so that others would have been serious contenders to the development leaderboard. That would have changed everything.

Assuming I had gotten it, I'd still be 2nd to you (if that), but maybe close enough not to feel threatened into attacking. Stapel would've been in my sights.

If PP had gotten it, we'd have had a common target and I would've pushed for cooperation with you.

If Brunch had gotten it, he would have had the best economy, fastest astro, and maybe a chance at keeping up with extra islands. His production was pretty dismal, so idk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Meanwhile Beorn deployed two axemen next to Phrygian, the barbarian city in the north. He asked for open borders earlier, which I refused, because he was nowhere in sight yet. He understood, then a few turns later he offered open borders again. I assumed I must've been very close to him, so I accepted. But no, still no sight of Beorn's land. I'll avoid contact with him and take Phrygian by force by surprise if he keeps it. Although it probably won't be much of a surprise.
That does look bad from your perspective, but the offer was genuine at the time. I never regret good will but ... y'know ... offense beats development so it had to turn sour ASAP or I was out
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park

Last edited by Beorn; 24-06-2020 at 03:24.
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote