Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 09-05-2012, 14:28   #31
Shabbaman
Administrator

Define "great". It's good for dutch football if teams start to play better, like Ajax and Feyenoord do. If they keep this up, there might be some decent continental matches worth watching (although I doubt I'll be watching ajax before hell freezes over). On the other hand, I can't say I have enjoyed watching Twente or PSV play like utter crap. Those teams are a disgrace. I think it's ridiculous that those teams played so bad that Ajax could bridge the gap. With players like Ruiz and Afellay absent I can't say there was much to enjoy watching teams like Twente or PSV play, outside the sporadic actions of Mertens or Luuk de Jong. Ajax has one of the most boring teams in years (at least Suarez could do something right), and Groningen would've been fun to watch because of Tadic... if they hadn't sold their only forward that could do something with those assists. Which leaves Heerenveen as team to watch, if just the team had anything worth watching outside the forward line. The competition might have had an entertaining finish if you look at the tables, but compared to last season I can't say it's "great" to watch.

What's annoying me most is that the media hyped the race for second. Second place is no prize. The competition got boring after Vandenbusse's ridiculous behaviour against Ajax.

Outside all of this the competition was a lot more enjoyable now that I didn't have to see my team lose week after week
Old 10-05-2012, 20:05   #32
Matrix
Administrator

FC Groningen 14th
Old 11-05-2012, 12:41   #33
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

IMO this season is best quickly forgotten. Not because PSV made a mess of things but mostly because it painfully showed in what shambles the Eredivisie is.

I'm happy Feyenoord is competing with the top again, that's a good development.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote