Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Other Other Games
Home

Old 30-12-2011, 16:31   #41
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

IMO, Shogun 2 is not as good as Napoleon. Napoleon is still the best of the TW games. It is way more dynamic and is very well balanced despite huge difference in characteristics of individual units.

The main problem with Shogun as I see it is that the gameplay is quite monotonous. The dynamics is just not there, and the battles are very similar to each other, too similar, too low variety. This is understandable since all around you is Japanese... AI is not that dull however and sometimes can pack a very strong punch on higher difficulties. So, overall, the game is more challenging, the artwork is very nice, but the charm, balance, and overall playability is not there 100%.

Rome:TW however, was the best game in terms of strategic balance.
Old 30-12-2011, 22:16   #42
Shabbaman
Administrator

Shogun2 is rock-paper-scissors all the way. The other TW's aren't that different, but when you have 23 types of rock that aren't as good against all 23 types of scissors your opponent might bring... In Shogun2 you keep the same army units around for the whole campaign. I like that, it's less of a "build enough stuff and smash head" game than the previous versions. In that aspect it's not stifling that the number of different units isn't that large.

I like R:TW better though.