Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Other Other Games
Home

Old 03-03-2008, 20:00   #11
BCLG100
Deity

if you need another person i can sign up but bear in mind i wont have any idea what im doing/how the sport works/what to do/perhaps not maintain a high enough interest!

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 20:50   #12
sz_matyas

Technically you only need 8 for a league (we have 7 committed and an open invitation if you wanted to join), but it is more fun with 12 so we'd be more than happy to have you join. Since it is head-to-head, each week you get to start from scratch and Yahoo does a decent job of ranking players.

I also don't think anyone here would be qualified as an expert. What little knowledge I have comes from watching games and reading the free articles on sites like Yahoo (there are usually 5 or so a week, so I can kill time at work).
Old 04-03-2008, 00:01   #13
mauer
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BCLG100

if you need another person i can sign up but bear in mind i wont have any idea what im doing/how the sport works/what to do/perhaps not maintain a high enough interest!
I'm several years removed from following baseball at any great depth, so as far as knowing the players we'll be near level.
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 18:14   #14
sz_matyas

One week to go to sign up with 4 spots still available. For people like BCLG or failed reality, my thought is join, have fun, talk smack about winning in ignorance! Also if you have any friends, tell them to join as well. Head-to-head isn't as fun without a full league, but I don't want to create dummy teams either.

This also is marking the last chance to change the categories to hitting for the cycle, catcher interference, outfield assists and hit by pitch for the hitters with inherited runners scored, batters grounded into double plays, triples allowed and perfect games for the pitchers. Cast your votes for changes now.
Old 07-03-2008, 20:48   #15
grahamiam
Emperor

We need only 1 more player and we'll have an even set. Anyone?

Also, anybody interested in doing an NCAA tourney pick'm via Yahoo as well? No money, just fun
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 22:55   #16
sz_matyas

I know one more person I can get to join, just it's more fun with 12 teams than 8 (also the playoffs is set up for 12, though that can get adjusted).

Might be interested in Tourney pick'm, have to see how busy I am after selection sunday.
Old 16-03-2008, 17:49   #17
sz_matyas

Draft today at 3pm CDT, just wanted to remind everyone.
Old 16-03-2008, 20:44   #18
Mistfit
King

Come on Guys!!

you can get into the draft right now.. so be prepared!
Old 16-03-2008, 22:23   #19
sz_matyas

Draft is over, must say turnout was disappointing. I'm happy with my team (except for SS and RP) hope Yahoo did a good job for the rest of you.
Old 16-03-2008, 22:33   #20
mauer
King

I was one of the bums that missed the draft. Can't say I'm disappointed with the yahoo auto draft. Not too shabby. Spent the last 3 days in San Antonio with the family and visiting friends, and was just really tired (fell asleep watching Bee Movie, which is why I wasn't at the draft).
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote