Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Other Other Games
Home

Old 21-08-2006, 19:30   #11
Kemal

Perhaps anyone here can answer this question... is it possible to add funds to the paypal account using internet banking? The paypal info page gives you all the account numbers and stuff where the money you want to deposit should be sent to, but it specifically seems to mention that you need to visit your bank to make such a deposit...

Anyone any experience with this? My nearest bank office is quite some distance so I'm hoping I can avoid that trip...
Old 21-08-2006, 20:17   #12
romeothemonk
King

Yeah, you can. I have done it with American Banking systems. It takes ~7-10 days to do that though, or it did 4 years ago when I set mine up.

I just feed a credit card to Paypal and rack up points on the card and it costs me the same money. I highly recommend that method.
Old 21-08-2006, 20:34   #13
Shabbaman
Administrator

Kemal, all you have to do is to send money to the Bank of America in Amsterdam, and put the code Paypal provides into the description box. You can do this with internet banking, or good old fashioned transfer cards (doubt you still have those though).

Nice thing, it takes only a day or so.

Romeo, for people in the Netherlands it's unusual to have a credit card.
Old 22-08-2006, 17:57   #14
Kemal

Thanks, it worked out indeed. From my coupons I've bought 4 Ravnica boosters and 2 tickets, since due to VAT I wasn't able to purchase a constructed deck via the coupon, since I have no ccard.

So now I have 60 cards plus enough lands, but nowhere near something that could be called a competitive deck. I'm looking at the available preconstr. decks the next couple of days, and then see what fits my style best. I'm of course willing to play before that, but unfortunately I'm a bit of a pushover for now I suppose..

On the bright side, I've opened a foil watery grave from one of my boosters, that seems to be a pretty good catch, no?
Old 22-08-2006, 20:54   #15
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

Thanks, it worked out indeed. From my coupons I've bought 4 Ravnica boosters and 2 tickets, since due to VAT I wasn't able to purchase a constructed deck via the coupon, since I have no ccard.
Indeed, dumbest thing ever.

You could trade that foil, that should be around 14 tickets. You can easily get yourself a competitive deck for that. Competitive in the casual room, that is...

Those precons suck.
Old 22-08-2006, 21:19   #16
Kemal

Heh, I just beat a preconstructed deck with my 60 cards wimpy 4 colour deck... and a lot of luck I suppose.

Btw, I'm thinking of joining a Ravnica league, since that way I can get more cards and play a league at the same time, without having to resort to precon decks. The cards in Coldsnap are way yoo onesided in my view, since a lot concerns snow covered stuff... and I'd like my cards to combo in later sets too.
Old 22-08-2006, 22:06   #17
Shabbaman
Administrator

Some of the coldsnap cards are pretty good, and the snow theme is very strong. Playing in a ravnica league will give you a reasonable amount of cards, plus a lot of playing time. But just getting a deck is a lot cheaper.

Unless you get lucky and draw more foil duals.
Old 22-08-2006, 22:11   #18
Kemal

I just don't like most of the preconstructed decks available, but I might purchase one anyway to get some key cards. Deck construction however is one of my favourite aspects of the game, and I think a league gives you a lot of that since you can only work with a very limited amount of cards. That I can use those cards later to create a wacky deck for casual is of course a good bonus.

Btw, is it just me, you and pp playing Magic here on CDZ so far? It would of course be a lot more fun to be able to join the same league, but maybe we could arrange some casual play competitions as well?

Or have you people already found/joined other clans somewhere on the net/on magic online?
Old 22-08-2006, 22:22   #19
Shabbaman
Administrator

It's hard to put enough sarcasm into the following words: what key cards?

I think the total value of a precon is less than the tickets you could buy for the same money. But it's hard to judge, I don't know what you want. Could you come up with a decklist? And put in the "get Kemal a deck thread"

It's the two of us, plus the manager of the pyknites. You won't see him post here any time soon, I guess...
Old 23-08-2006, 00:18   #20
romeothemonk
King

I don't know, you might get some of us American Guys back in the game, but it kind of depends on how my work/pay scale vs house payments/remodeling schedule goes.