Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Melifluous' forum
Home

Old 29-06-2005, 19:52   #231
Pastorius
Custard used tile

One would think trash talkin is obligatory stuff in pbems. I wouldnt miss that for the world. I gotta say mr. Ale is getting real good at it in our game. Might even start to quote our email conversations, since they can be quite amusing soon..

And Arghis just misunderstood you back then RTM
Old 29-06-2005, 20:12   #232
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Does anyone but myself get a Pink Floyd association when they listen to the start of the Octavarium song from Dream Theater's Octavarium?
Old 29-06-2005, 20:14   #233
Whomp
King

Come on now Romeo. Give the French a break. After all they did win the French Revolutionary War ... but then again they were fighting the French.

Old 29-06-2005, 23:07   #234
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by romeothemonk
... That brings up another question, is trash talking allowed or does it generate a yellow card?
It depends on your adversary. Feel free to trash me anytime. But make sure you're getting it back. Triplesized. Or quadrupled.

There are though some people who don't like that kind of things. You can start easy in this case and see the reaction. Then, just keep on pressuring. Psychological factor is important.

But I'm really a bad person to listen to. I'm not too good dealing with human players in a multihuman games. It is a very time-consuming and too laborious for my taste. If you want to put somebody down, land a stack of units and raze the capital.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:08   #235
romeothemonk
King

This interesting thread is stalling. Even the great spam fairy hasn't visited recently.
I spent the 4th of July weekend roofing a portion of my Grandfathers store in Wyoming. The building was constructed in 1927, and each layer of roofing was added to the previous one. The section we repaired was in the middle of of a 140 ft long building, and the dumpster was at the back. 3 buddies from my church, my brother, my uncle and myself went and did the roofing. I got to haul the old roofing away and the new roofing up, as well as the OSB to lay down on the rafter joists. Let me tell you that was fun. In one 3 day stretch I had 300 oz's of gatorade, and equal that in water, plus milk, soda and juice at meal times. I have now more roofing experience than most, and know why most people don't like it. It wasn't that bad, but good lord was it hot.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:28   #236
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Well, hot it was. A friend of mine was moving to a new house. We started at 4 pm (he could not get U-Haul earlier) at 110F 70% humidity and finished at 11 pm (around 90-93F, 75% humidity). I still don't feel well after a 2-day rest. No gatorade for me, but it was some Russian elixir (from Altai mountain herbs) mixed with water. It helped but only a tiny bit.

Where's Meli indeed? It is supposed to be his thread to spam.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:37   #237
Melifluous
Administrator

Yeah true.

But work is work and does indeed suck.

Timesheets just been introduced

Spam Fairy go Haiku instead.

Melifluous
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 04:59   #238
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

So, what when timesheets are past due? You're not get paid there? That's tough then.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:58   #239
Whomp
King

Well I went up to Milwaukee to visit my college mate Johnny. Another college buddy flew in from LA, another from San Fran. and a few of us from Chicago. Trouble.

Man, it was cold in Milwaukee Saturday. It was like 50F Friday night. Strange.
Anyhow, we saw The Black Crowes and Tom Petty Friday night. The Crowes were completely stoned and Petty rocked. He played a version of The Animals tune "I'm Cryin'" that was awesome.

Saturday was a perfect day and we went boating all day and partied all night. We played a drinking card game called Presidents and Assholes. Needless to say Lil' Whomp blew his brains out. Sunday we drove home early because my girlfriend literally couldn't move out of bed till today. A fun weekend all around. What happened at the CDZ reunion? That sounded like it would be fun.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:32   #240
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

We'll get live coverage on MSN. If there will be a webcam there. Last time at Beam's it were but was not hooked to a site. At least there were some pics. Hopefully, this time it'll be better and this webcam thingy would work.