Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > Succession Games Open Forum
Home

Old 13-11-2008, 10:05   #251
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
Agreed, but we need newspapers first. Do we have them already?
No, havent got any yet. I contemplated building a few but considering we might need a few more towns and weapons/soldiers/horses I gave stockades preference. They will help us now in our war against the french as well [rofl]

Before we build newspapers I'd rather have some privateers to boost our income.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2008, 11:21   #252
Stapel
Emperor

I'm not sure we are in a hurry to make bells. Anyway, before we start, we should have newspapers.

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2008, 13:12   #253
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stapel View Post
I'm not sure we are in a hurry to make bells. Anyway, before we start, we should have newspapers.
Most definately. And more statesmen.
Old 13-11-2008, 13:46   #254
Stapel
Emperor

I think all of us garee that bell production should start suddenly and at full swing.

Old 13-11-2008, 13:59   #255
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stapel View Post
I think all of us garee that bell production should start suddenly and at full swing.

gareed
Old 13-11-2008, 17:43   #256
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Don't think we need more income, not based on statistics and plots. We just need enough guns and horses to defeat REF, nothing more than that. So, I plan to focus on preparing mass media for bells and liberating Aztec lands from its occupants. Actually, mass media pays for itself only in biggest cities, probably something of size 10+. There is no point in building it everywhere since by then, the cities will get to 100% and bells are not contributing when above 100%. What I sometimes tried instead of building costly media is to rearrange the colonists between cities adding some from big cities into small to make the bells run faster.
Old 14-11-2008, 04:57   #257
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Oh, I fucked it up. No, not the game, the description. I typed it in and then it is gone. I think I closed the window or did something wrong. Never mind, I'll try to recreate the main idea but the micromanagement notes, alas, will be missing.

Briefly, I have tried to prepare for the war with Aztec. But since Monty has so much gold, it would be a pity if we don't try to extract it before declaring. And he has about 8K in hard cash. So, I send all ships to Europe with goodies half-loaded except the merchantman to buy horses and we almost have enough guns and cannons to defeat him nice and clean. I've also built a town in the western island and made peace with the French.

The screenies and save are attached. If there are any question by the next player, I'd be happy to answer.

There are some loose units around including a dragoon farmer and hardy pioneer which we don't need atm as hardy pioneer. Dragoon is better off staying as such to scare Monty so that he does not declare (and is not he furious with us ). Pioneer can be joined to give tools for fortress and then transported to the western island to provide more soldiering power there.

I think, with destruction of Monty and with getting most of his cash, we would be ready to go for the bells since Bolivar is already producing the whole bunch and getting nice leaders away from us. To wage war against him can be possible but would be costly. For now, we can harass him with privateer which is ready to be built next turn (just don't take the guns away, the privateer needs guns and tools).

We need a few more tools in Europe (or Master Blacksmith) and may be another Armorer but otherwise, we are good to go. Colonist is learning to position himself as a statesman and we can buy a couple of those with Monty's gold. His cities after capture also give rather nice treasures. I'm not sure we should trade him guns but if they are traded in the northern city, it can be probably OK if on the same turn we declare and try to do as much damage as we can.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg col-SG1-t168a.jpg (93.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg col-SG1-t168b.jpg (74.7 KB, 4 views)
Attached Files
File Type: colonizationsave Miffy AD-1659.ColonizationSave (117.6 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by akots; 14-11-2008 at 05:05.
akots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 07:10   #258
Stapel
Emperor

Well, things look pretty good, I guess.

One thing: Our expert trapper is not trapping the bonus fur land. It shoudl be move from PR to Silverbastiano. The lumberjacking Indian in PR can than use a better tile too.

Old 14-11-2008, 07:36   #259
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Trapper I think should be on his way. About Indian, I'm not sure what he can do better.
Old 14-11-2008, 09:36   #260
Stapel
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by akots View Post
Trapper I think should be on his way. About Indian, I'm not sure what he can do better.
The trapper is now put to work in the wrong colony. While trapping in a forrest near PR, he occupies the best tile for the Indian to chop some trees. The trapper should be removed from PR and moved to Silverbastiano.