Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Ikariam
Home

Old 29-04-2008, 02:44   #51
Mistfit
King

So.. are you telling me to stay put?

If not I would be ready to move in 24 hours.

The only reason I would move would be to be a part of your alliance.
If I do not get some help finding a spot within 24 hours I will go ahead and colonize where I am at and just play solo.

Things to consider:
I will be a moderately active player.. not a fanatic but not a slacker either.
I would like to know what role you would want me to play in your Alliance --> Resource/Trading/Miliary
I would also like to know what would be expected out of me before I make the move.
Old 29-04-2008, 02:51   #52
Mistfit
King

how far is 56:44 from you guys?
Old 29-04-2008, 03:24   #53
Mistfit
King

also if you decide that it is better to stay put how far from my capital should I make my first colony?
Old 29-04-2008, 04:42   #54
CrossVain

Here are some of the alliance islands
64-51 Marble (Me, Small, and 2 other members)
63-47 Wine (Me, Small, 3 other members)
56-53 Crystal (Me, 1 other members)
+1 to all islands but hes inactive

What I was suggesting, was to colonize an island (Any resource) then by the time you plant a second colony. there should be a slot on one of our alliance populated islands.
And I do not really require you to move... if you decide to stay where you are I will point new members in that direction to colonize... Nothing wrong with expanding the chain a bit
CrossVain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2008, 14:14   #55
Mistfit
King

Well... right or wrong I have started the process of moving closer to you guys.

I have chosen the island [66:56] This has to be pretty dang close to some of your cities right?

I mean I can see [64-51] from my island... I am in the island chain to the immediately to your southwest.

Island name is.. Kumios I will start by making a governors residence on the island so I can move my palace here.. this will all take a bit. but.. this is my choice and this is what I will stick with
Old 29-04-2008, 15:42   #56
smalltalk

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mistfit

Island name is.. Kumios I will start by making a governors residence on the island so I can move my palace here..

Quote:
quote:this will all take a bit.
Not really. I think I can spare 600 wood. Tell, when you have arrived.

Quote:
quote:but.. this is my choice and this is what I will stick with
Told you already ingame. An inactive has been deleted on my crystal island. Maybe risk it to recall you ships and pray the spot will be still open when you can send them out again.
Old 29-04-2008, 16:12   #57
Matrix
Administrator

I've been raiding two cities on my island already. That must have pissed them off, but I think I've got a decent defence against them: six phalanxes. I attacked with twelve swordman against twenty slingers and I lost three. Then I pillaged a town with no defense at all(!), while he is at at least the same level as I am, because he's got a second town on the same village, so he's probably around a little longer.

I think I'll stick to where I am. Fun game.
Old 29-04-2008, 17:30   #58
smalltalk

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

I've been raiding two cities on my island already.
This might be of interest to you. Sulphur rehabilitation pact!

http://board.ikariam.org/thread.php?threadid=28062

The reasoning of cloudman (5 th post) seems quite good to me, although there are some quite effective anti-pillaging-tactics, especially this early in the game, where your warehouse can be so big that it will keep most of your resources safe. This will change overtime however, when buildings won't cost 1000, but 10.000 goods.

Quote:
quote:Cloudman

Unlike the other luxuries, sulfur's value is determined by its owners. If sulfurites (people on sulfur islands) don't attack others, then they will never feel a need for troops, will never build troops, and sulfur's value will be low. The more you attack people, the more they will see a need for troops. The more you keep attacking them and wiping out their forces, the more sulfur they will need to defend themselves. And because you control sulfur, you should always have more troops than them.

It is therefore up to sulfurites to attack. Constantly. The more you attack, the more valuable sulfur will be in your area. Also, don't attack your fellow sulfurites; that's just wasting each other's forces. Sulfurites should focus their attacks on the other three islands. The more they are pounded from different directions, the more they will want sulfur.

Sulfurites in alliances shouldn't have sulfur on the market AT ALL! That should be saved for your fellow members. DO NOT settle for some piddly amount of gold. Do not settle for 1:3, 1:2, or even 1:1 trades. THEY should be paying YOU extra! Do a 1.5:1 or even 2:1 trade; 2 luxuries for 1 sulfur. They don't like that? Raid 'em! They don't want to trade 300 wine for 200 sulfur? Raid 'em, now they have 0 wine, and you kept your sulfur.

Sulfurites who have sulfur on the market should be STRONGLY encouraged to enter alliances, and thus remove it from the market. If they sell it cheap, buy it or take it from them. As I said, you shouldn't attack other sulfurites. Explain to them the strategy here. Ask them not to sell, tell them the benefits of joining an alliance, or at least following this idea. If all else fails, only then should you attack. Explain to them that if nobody sells sulfur, raiding will be that much easier for all sulfurites.

As I said, the value of sulfur is what YOU make it. If sulfur is worthless in your area, you have only yourself to blame.
I'm glad I got none of those warmongers around me right now.
Old 29-04-2008, 18:25   #59
Mistfit
King

Stadt Idioton
( Mistfit ) 5 Colonise (cancelled) 29.04.2008 20:34:34 29.04.2008 20:34:34

I think this means that they will be back in a couple of hours
Old 29-04-2008, 18:45   #60
smalltalk

City location: Gupheios[60:52]

Let's hope this works out. As of now, the place is still empty.