Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > BCLG's 100 variations on spam
Home

Old 10-08-2011, 00:51   #141
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Hope you guys are all well.

On the flip side, with all the airtime devoted to showing the damage, I was wondering: how and why did it start? What little info I could find was that there was a sour turn when they moved in to arrest a suspectedly heavily armed organized crime African/Caribbean guy, a policeman was shot and the suspect died of gunshot. It's a bad day at the office for sure, but does anyone know how it came to where you guys are standing?
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:38   #142
BCLG100
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
Hope you guys are all well.

On the flip side, with all the airtime devoted to showing the damage, I was wondering: how and why did it start? What little info I could find was that there was a sour turn when they moved in to arrest a suspectedly heavily armed organized crime African/Caribbean guy, a policeman was shot and the suspect died of gunshot. It's a bad day at the office for sure, but does anyone know how it came to where you guys are standing?
There's an inquest relating to the shooting of a man. Police initially claimed he had a gun and fired at them, from what i've gathered they've said thus far this didn't happen, as of yet no-one is entirely sure what happened, I think it is fairly safe to say that he wasn't heavily armed though. Then there was an initially peaceful march last saturday to the police station with the hope that it would encourage the police to show more accountability (justice for the shot man). From there things went mental, it turned into a riot which the police were slow to shut down, it was predominantly in the same area (about a square mile if not less) but the police didn't react very well and looting ensued.

The following nights though had barely nothing to do with what had happened the previous night and was merely a reaction to the police being quite slow in stopping the riot and kids noticing they could get away with looting hence why it happened in numerous places across London for two nights before the rest of the country realised and there was more rioting the following night in other locations.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:18   #143
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Wow, every part of that makes so little sense, and yet ...
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:26   #144
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCLG100 View Post
Feels like i've stepped back in to the eighties though.
You have conscious memories of the eighties?
Old 12-08-2011, 10:58   #145
BCLG100
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
You have conscious memories of the eighties?
I know, anyone would have thought i'd studied history....

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 01:23   #146
BCLG100
Deity

So I have a job now! I work for Thomson Reuters and a subsidiary Sweet and Maxwell (big law publishers) It's nice to finally have the prospect of something to do other than go to the gym on a daily basis. I start on Monday!

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 01:38   #147
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Gratz Simon, exactly what are you supposed to be doing there?
Old 05-01-2012, 01:52   #148
BCLG100
Deity

Essentially I spend most mornings at the Royal Courts of Justice (High Court, Court of Appeal) and whilst there I pick up all the documentation of cases occuring that day. I then summarise these documents and upload them and the summaries to the internet. During the afternoon I conduct indepth legal research on behalf of clients who ring me up asking me to find a case. It's not exactly what I want to do and doesn't pay immensely well but i'm just pleased to have a job!

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:01   #149
Shabbaman
Administrator

You have to summarise the spam, oh the irony Anyway, congratulations. I think it's good to start with a job that isn't exactly what you're looking for, that keeps you from getting complacent. Hopefully it doesn't pay like crap.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:47   #150
Furiey
King

Congratulations!

Any job at the moment is better than none. I start my teacher training next week so only 2 years before I can get paid enough to live on!
Furiey is offline   Reply With Quote