Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Whomp's forum
Home

Old 03-10-2007, 05:06   #11
romeothemonk
King

Steroids make golf that much easier. Although they may start screening for them.

Cubs fans are basically self absorbed drunks and losers. The good thing is that they are completely unable to link past events with current events, thus allowing you to dupe them again and again.

Plus they are really gullible. If you find a hot chick with a Cubbie jersey, you can pretty much get her to do whatever you want.

Plus with football starting, who cares about baseball.

One of the best things about being a new dad is sitting on the couch or beanbag chair holding my son while watching football till my wife flips out, then I get to keep watching cause I am taking care of my son. It is great.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:35   #12
mauer
King

I agree actually, football is here so shut up about baseball already.
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 14:45   #13
Tubby Rower

@ mistfit, No I don't play golf. I tried a few times and figured I could get decent at it if I put time & money into it. I had neither, so I stopped playing

@ romeo, yeah it's nice to sit on the couch and have your kids there enjoying sports with you.
Old 03-10-2007, 14:49   #14
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower
I could get decent at it if I put time & money into it. I had neither, so I stopped playing
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:54   #15
Whomp
King

The game is on late tonight but have a lot to do at work tomorrow so I think I'll try to find some baby bears tomorrow night...good night to be out I'd think.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:47   #16
Robboo
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Whomp

I'll try to find some baby bears tomorrow night...
AT your age isnt that illegal...
Robboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 04:41   #17
BCLG100
Deity

So i was reading an article in GQ magazine in the train on the way home the other day, it was entirely about Chicago- quite interesting and stuff but it got me wondering, have you been to Charlie Trotters whomp?

apparantly they do awesome steaks! it's also meant to be one of the best restaurants in the world apparantly.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:40   #18
Whomp
King

I have been to Trotters. Holly taught one of his kids so we got pretty good treatment. I'm not sure about steaks because it's a prix fixe menu. What's interesting about Trotter is how many other chef's he's spawned. There's a restaurant a block from my house that is really awesome run by one of his ex chefs.

Simon if you come to Chicago I'll take you to Trotters. How about that? I have to say I think chef's Rick Bayless (Topolobampo) and Grant Achatz (Alinea) are even better. There's other restaurants like Everest and Tru that I haven't been to that are supposed to be incredible.

As far as steaks go...there's plenty of those in Chicago. My favorite is The Chop House....saw Ditka and his honey last time I was there. []

Here's a article about some of Chicago's best chefs including Charlie Trotter. From what I've heard he's quite a ball buster in his kitchen.

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Ma...os-Best-Chefs/
Old 07-12-2007, 14:16   #19
BCLG100
Deity

Alinea was also mentioned as was a place called 'blackbird'? been to there? the article was really interesting and pretty to the point. Mainly just going on about how most chigoans are very friendly but also that racism was still a pretty big thing there, dont know if thats true?

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 00:36   #20
Whomp
King

I have not been to Blackbird. Chicago is a friendly city (midwesterners in general) but the racism comment seems odd since there's so many ethnicities here.