Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Darkness' House of Horrors
Home

Old 01-08-2005, 02:49   #21
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

I hope Cancun was a nice place to drink, drink and drink !
Cancun was OK, but I only was there one night....

My girlfriend and I did a 16 day roundtrip through the southern part of Mexico, Guatemala, a bit of Honduras and a small part of Belize...
Awesome sights! Fantastic nature and great, great Maya cities!
Old 01-08-2005, 02:58   #22
Socrates
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Darkness

and great, great Maya cities!
Now, this IS what I would have liked to see !! Did you climb on top of some Mayan temples ? I also hope you weren't annoyed by a hurricane that I think went through Yucatan lately... Hard to depict a trip going through so many countries in Latin America...

Anyway the save was played, and I'm currently experiencing serious unhappiness at the moment.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:18   #23
Darkness

Quote:

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Darkness

and great, great Maya cities!
Now, this IS what I would have liked to see !! Did you climb on top of some Mayan temples ? I also hope you weren't annoyed by a hurricane that I think went through Yucatan lately... Hard to depict a trip going through so many countries in Latin America...

Anyway the save was played, and I'm currently experiencing serious unhappiness at the moment.
Hurricane Emily? We kept missing that one by a day...
When Emily reached Cancun, we had just left there, and we were on the other end of the peninsula, at Merida. And when Emily reached Merida, we had just left there for Palenque, which is at the beginning of the mountain range that goes through central America from north to south. And when the bad weather from Emily reached Palenque, we were already high up in the mountains (2200m) at San Christobal de las Casas. So we were really, really lucky!

The Maya cities were great! Especially Palenque and Tikal. Chichen Itza is also very beautiful, but about half the buildings there were built by the Toltecs, who conquered part of the Maya territory after 1000 AD, so that city was quite different from the rest of them.

And, yes, we did climb all the temples that we could (and one that was not allowed, but we only learned that when we were heading back to the exit, as the sign was hidden... )
Among others, we climbed the Temple of Kukulkan at Chichen Itza, right before a thunderstorm hit. Quite an amazing sight! And we also climbed the highest known Maya templ, which is located in Tikal, and is about 70 meters high. That one had a great view over the surrounding jungle...

I seriouly doubt your unhappyness is as big as mine. You've got the library and I got RoP raped by the Hittites, so who do you think is in better shape?
Old 01-08-2005, 12:44   #24
Rik Meleet

Mayaland full of temples, while a lot of their lands (including Chizen Itza) was in Toltec hands... Why didn't they culture-flip back ?

Must have been an amazing vacation !!
Old 01-08-2005, 12:54   #25
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rik Meleet

Mayaland full of temples, while a lot of their lands (including Chizen Itza) was in Toltec hands... Why didn't they culture-flip back ?
Because apparently the Maya's abandoned all their cities (except Chichen Itza) between 900-1000 AD, so there wasn't anything to flip back to...

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rik Meleet

Must have been an amazing vacation !!
Best one so far!
Old 26-09-2005, 11:35   #26
Darkness

Going away again...

Last minute work-related trip to Thessalonica (Greece) scheduled from tuesday september 27th until sunday october 2nd...
And, because this a last-minute thing , I still have a lot of work (preparing a presentation, etc.) to do before I leave so I don't have a lot of time (read: next to nothing) for playing civ before I leave.

I've got to formally request a skip for SGOTM 8...

I'll try to play PBEM saves in my inbox tonight but I can't make any promises.

Games on hold:
vs. Killer
vs. Banzai
vs. Puwen (not moving anyway)
Tiny 4-player (dead)

Banzai and Krys can take care of the 16+ game while I am gone, so no worries/holdup there.
Old 26-09-2005, 11:42   #27
Banzai

Have fun and good luck!
Old 26-09-2005, 12:20   #28
Socrates
Emperor

LOL you guys are always moving ! Anyway, Greece sounds nice, I hope you can taste some of it when you're there.
Old 26-09-2005, 12:42   #29
Darkness

Quote:

Anyway, Greece sounds nice, I hope you can taste some of it when you're there.
Unfortunately no...
It's a four day convention, and I have to go back immediately after due to family commitments.
Old 19-07-2006, 07:51   #30
Darkness

On vacation from now until july 26th...