Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Site Feedback
Home

Old 14-03-2003, 15:17   #1
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

Default about subscriptions

anarres, I like the subscription page, but it has a major drawbakc: it doesn't show the threads that have been posted to since last login, but all. It also doesn't sort them (i.e. answered ones to the top).....

also, I cannot subscribe tot he MOD rules thread - because it is closed maybe?

could you or ProPain have a look into these two things?

I pretty much plan to make this my Civ3 home, if I can do anyhting to help, let me know!
Old 14-03-2003, 15:36   #2
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

or maybe it would do to allow to search for new posts via the search feature. Until this place grows huge.....
Old 14-03-2003, 15:48   #3
anarres
anarchist butcher

Quote:
quote:I like the subscription page, but it has a major drawbakc: it doesn't show the threads that have been posted to since last login, but all. It also doesn't sort them (i.e. answered ones to the top).....
Subscriptions page is limited, I have to get in to hacking the asp page to make it look nicer. Sorting by date is first on my list.
Quote:
quote:also, I cannot subscribe tot he MOD rules thread - because it is closed maybe?
Sorry, but it appears you can't subscribe to a thread if it is closed. I will either make it so that you can subscribe to closed threads (prefered method, but more hacking), or I will unloack it and just delete/move any replies people post to it.
Quote:
quote:I pretty much plan to make this my Civ3 home, if I can do anyhting to help, let me know!
Note that I have been doing a lot of the changes, but it is only because they have been urgent and I have not been on msm with PP for a few days. I expect PP to start implementing new features soon, when I show him how.

If you are serious about helping, I will be on msm tonight, sign in between 8pm and 3am and we can chat.
Quote:
quoter maybe it would do to allow to search for new posts via the search feature. Until this place grows huge.....
Check out the 'active topics' link. Mel pointed me to it yesterday and I use it now to check for new posts since my last visit.
Old 14-03-2003, 15:59   #4
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by anarres
Subscriptions page is limited, I have to get in to hacking the asp page to make it look nicer. Sorting by date is first on my list.
great!!!
Quote:
quote:
Sorry, but it appears you can't subscribe to a thread if it is closed. I will either make it so that you can subscribe to closed threads (prefered method, but more hacking), or I will unloack it and just delete/move any replies people post to it.[/quote]how about you just unlock it, all mods subscribe, then you lock it again?
Quote:
quote:Note that I have been doing a lot of the changes, but it is only because they have been urgent and I have not been on msm with PP for a few days. I expect PP to start implementing new features soon, when I show him how.

If you are serious about helping, I will be on msm tonight, sign in between 8pm and 3am and we can chat.
I will try!
Quote:
quote:Check out the 'active topics' link. Mel pointed me to it yesterday and I use it now to check for new posts since my last visit.
Yup, I just looked at it - not bad

actually, that does it for me, no need to change the subscribe thing!
Old 14-03-2003, 16:04   #5
anarres
anarchist butcher

Quote:
quote:how about you just unlock it, all mods subscribe, then you lock it again?
Don't think that will work. I get the impression that locking a thread unsubscribes it from everyone. Even if it didn't, I'm not going through that every time I make a new mod...

But I will find a solution for the problem, like hacking the asp to allow subscriptions to locked threads.
Old 16-03-2003, 17:59   #6
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

sorry, I had no chance to be online. The server was down, and my home phoneline was blocked by my flatmates latest personal crisis .....

I expect more trouble until Friday, then, we will have our new server up and running (if the movers don#t break it) - hopefully....
Old 16-03-2003, 18:27   #7
anarres
anarchist butcher

No problem Killer,

Catch me online sometime and we'll chat.