Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Site Feedback
Home

Old 14-10-2008, 18:29   #1
killercane
Prince

Default Getting New Members

I made a C3C map for some folks at the other site, and I told them to get a forum over here to hopefully recruit a new face or two. Can Shabba or someone advise them in the CFC thread? http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...=291538&page=2.

I usually just tell them to contact someone here but if somebody else posts there welcoming new members it might have a better effect.
killercane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2008, 19:31   #2
Shabbaman
Administrator

They could just sign up if they want to. I'd rather not barge in and advertise CDZ openly, Thunderfall is not too keen on it. And rightfully so, it'd be real spam. The thought behind it is appreciated though, we could need new members!

EDIT:

I just saw it's Calis' birthday, if he shows up here today I'll make him a birthday thread
Old 24-03-2009, 01:30   #3
BCLG100
Deity

So i thought i'd bump this

Even our older members are now biting the dust so i figure we need some new blood, anyone any ideas??? the only thing i can suggest is expanding the site to other forms of games than civ which people play but even then i dunno.

I don't visit the other site at all anymore is that still active?

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 10:08   #4
Shabbaman
Administrator

What site

We have always branched out into other games, like the total war series and hattrick. But to get that really started we should post more about other games. And then what? People have to find our site first, and with just the forum to see it's not very appealing to sign up. We've talked about the front page, that's something that would increase our visibility.
Old 24-03-2009, 11:44   #5
BCLG100
Deity

Well we don't have anything especially different anymore, we used to have tonnes of MP going on and therefore tonnes of spoilers. I get bored of writing mine as i never get to read anyone elses these days! Robi is the only one i can think of that has a regularly updated spoiler.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 24-03-2009, 13:30   #6
Shabbaman
Administrator

You are right about that, but perhaps a nice front page will encourage members to update their spoilers more frequently. If not we could just as well revert this forum to a shoutbox.

Besides the spoilers we still have the CDZ cup in all it's glory. And (hopefully) soon the CDZ pitboss with regularly scheduled games and associated featured content?
Old 24-03-2009, 14:18   #7
Matrix
Administrator

I myself have always considered the spoilers, and giving each member his/her own subforum, the best thing about this site, so I think that ought to be encouraged. I notice myself that I don't update my spoilers as well as I used to, but that'll change with the next (CDZ hosted) pitboss.

What might draw people to this site is an update/overview of what pitboss games are played at the moment, with a very short summary (two or three lines) about what's going on for as far as that's public.

It would be ultra sweet if we'd have a public spoiler, invisible for all players, but updated by someone who reads the spoilers and perhaps even logs in with the admin password. But that's a tough one.
Old 24-03-2009, 15:17   #8
BCLG100
Deity

Thats a good idea matrix (the big spoiler)

however shabba whilst the old spoilers are there in all there glory it doesn't require registration nor any active posting to read them. By having an active community of folk posting spoilers might encourage others to.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 25-03-2009, 20:13   #9
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

I agree spoilers have been a strong point of CDZ. Apart from that I think branching out into other strat games we play is a good thing as well, the Hattrick forum being a succesfull example.

So how about a spoiler of the month prize. I'm prepared to donate some CDZ T-shirts/coffee mugs/mouse mats (whatever rocks your boats the most ) to back up that prize as well.

Front page is a biggie as well. I'll promise to look into to this next weekend but I have to say that it's hard for me to free up the time needed for the techie improvements. More help would be brilliant on that front
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 01:24   #10
Matrix
Administrator

I think if you'd give a price every month, some people like Robi D would closet full in no-time.