Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Site Feedback
Home

Old 01-10-2008, 21:29   #11
Furiey
King

Are you off daylight saving and on the same time as London at the moment then? London is still on GMT+1 until later in October.
Furiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 21:55   #12
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

We're still on daylight savings and will change back end of octobre as well normally. To be sure: your post was posted 21:29:36 my time. What was your local time when you posted?
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 21:56   #13
ProPain

Even better, check this:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

My time = Amsterdam

It must be apparent by now I'm no time zone expert as I thought GMT would also jump with DST so we would still be GMT+1, instead of GMT+2. . I hope the link will clear things up for everybody and make time checking easy.

Old 01-10-2008, 22:52   #14
Matrix
Administrator

London is now at GMT+1, oddly enough.
But I didn't realise this either until I was in Greenwich 1½ weeks ago.
Old 01-10-2008, 23:01   #15
Furiey
King

My post was at 20:29:36 my time = GMT+1.

The GMT not having daylight saving thing catches alot of people out, including Microsoft! I don't know if they've corrected it in later versions of windows (I'm still on ME) but earlier ones still called it GMT after applying daylight saving not GMT+1 or BST (British Summer Time). I'm being driven mad at work at the moment by the same thing, meetings arranged with people in the US, Eastern, Central (some on daylight saving some not) and Pacific, some of whom have no idea about time zones, then throw the microsoft problem into the mix and chaos....
Furiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 00:00   #16
Matrix
Administrator

It seems it all worked. Congratulations!

Some things still need to be improved, though. Images in signatures and the subforum descriptions don't work. Also, what I miss is the 'active topics' button. Is that available in vBulletin? Otherwise we might want to decrease the number of subforums to regain a little overview.

What would be perfect for the individually owned subforums is if they'd be sorted the same way as threads in one subforum: the one with the most recent post comes up highest. But I'm just thinking out loud here.

Oh, and the top banner is too wide. Should be 988 pixels wide for a 1024x768 resolution. (Just measured it.) Perhaps the earlier one, where it fades out to the right, may be better after all to support all resolutions.

Last edited by Matrix; 03-10-2008 at 00:02.
Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 00:10   #17
ProPain

The cleaner script doenst clean those up, so the images in the subfora will be reset by me and shabba manually. ( I already started on that as you can see)

adjusting the signatures is up to yourself unless you cant do that because they contain HTML, in that case you can ask us.

The subfora have to be resorted and Shabba already offered to do that. But there's quite a bit of mess to clean up so it might take awhile. So please bear with us a bit.

And active threads is called New Posts in VB, and resides at the top of you rscreen between calendar and search. At least it does for me so if you guys dont see it that's probably a permission settings which means I have to delve into the gazillion options of the admin cp again
Old 03-10-2008, 00:24   #18
Matrix
Administrator

I missed the "New Posts" button, but it seems to work. And it has a fixed URL, which means I can bookmark it. Excellent!

Problem with the signatures is that the [img]-tag is disabled. Otherwise I would've changed it already.
Old 03-10-2008, 00:55   #19
Socrates
Emperor

"New Posts" is what saves it. I couldn't live without it anymore. So yeah to that.

Otherwise it's true we need to shrink the main page a bit. One obvious thing : archived fora shoud be... archived, ie. let's hide them on the main page, and only show the Archived Fora forum. It this possible ?

EDIT : BTW, we also have the "Active Users" link here ! Click on "Quick Links" (between Search and Log Out), and then choose "Who's Online". Yeah to the square of yeah for that.

Last edited by Socrates; 03-10-2008 at 01:01.
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:04   #20
Stapel
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiey View Post
My post was at 20:29:36 my time = GMT+1.

The GMT not having daylight saving thing catches alot of people out, including Microsoft! I don't know if they've corrected it in later versions of windows (I'm still on ME) but earlier ones still called it GMT after applying daylight saving not GMT+1 or BST (British Summer Time). I'm being driven mad at work at the moment by the same thing, meetings arranged with people in the US, Eastern, Central (some on daylight saving some not) and Pacific, some of whom have no idea about time zones, then throw the microsoft problem into the mix and chaos....
Well, BST is British Standard Tim, not Summer Time, iirc.

In the winter BST = GMT, in the summer BST = GMT+1.

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote