Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Site Feedback
Home

Old 27-03-2007, 21:39   #11
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by grahamiam

If there are any costs involved in this, please let us know. I'll be glad to add a contribution
Same here...
Old 27-03-2007, 22:34   #12
barbu1977
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Darkness

Quote:

If there are any costs involved in this, please let us know. I'll be glad to add a contribution
Same here...
And here
Old 27-03-2007, 23:08   #13
Whomp
King

What Barbu, Darkness and Gman said.

I think I understand what Krys said is similar to what REO Speedwagon once said

So if youre tired of the
Same old story
Turn some pages
I'll be here when you are ready
To roll with the changes

I knew it had to happen
Felt the tables turnin
Got me through my darkest hour
I heard the thunder clappin
Felt the desert burnin
Until you poured on me
Like a sweet sunshower

So if youre tired of the
Same old story
Turn some pages
Ill be here when you are ready
To roll with the changes

Roll with the changes
Old 28-03-2007, 12:46   #14
Tubby Rower

yeah I was holding off my contribution until the contribution link was moved from going into annares account.
Old 28-03-2007, 13:40   #15
IglooDude

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

yeah I was holding off my contribution until the contribution link was moved from going into annares account.
And ditto again, except for the part about annares account. And about holding off. Anyway, I'd be willing to pony up as well.
Old 28-03-2007, 20:26   #16
Socrates
Emperor

And, as said several times before, you can also count me in for the support. I only need to set up a PayPal thingie, or else I'll wait for the next CDZ meeting, hoping to see more guys than last time.
Old 28-03-2007, 20:44   #17
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Quote:

I 'm with bert and ernie
Old 29-03-2007, 00:33   #18
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Glad the forum issues are getting serious attention by the admins I hope we are relieved of this shit soon.

Having said that if this is the silver bullet for the forum probs we currently have I'll be a happy contributor. But for the following reasons I am not sure if moving to vB forums is that silver bullet:
- The forum sometimes is slow or not accessable. Meli posted just a few days ago this is most likely caused by another forum on the same server. The forum has been of the air for some time after that but for me it has been running fine since then (including posting).
- We are swamped with spambots and Meli has tried to install measurements to stop it. It didn't work but otoh when I read recent topics in the Snitz forum about spambots it seems that it is possible to solve this in Snitz.
- Then there are some wishes in terms of functionality. I've been in IT for over 20 years and there always are wishes over functionality no matter what. I've been on that other site for a long time now (not as long as Matrix) and they had their issues in vB. And afaik that other site isn't out of the box vB and quite some additions have been made.
- Which brings me down to effort. Installing vB may be a piece of cake but making it work as a whole might be a mug bigger effort than seeking solutions for the current issues we have (basically spambots if the performance issue indeed is gone with the fish in the cage).

Imo having another ip offers some more options than moving vB either way. Like having a testbed for vB migration or a testbed for Snitz solutions to spambots or both.
Old 29-03-2007, 10:42   #19
col
King

Still urking and following progress round here. Count me in for a donation too if you want to migrate,.
Old 29-03-2007, 17:25   #20
Melifluous
Administrator

Thanks for your comments Beam and for the offers of cash from everyone else. Propain is still the person to talk to about the money, he pays for the site and hosting and I just fumble around in the code occassionally.

I too have been working at the sharp end of the IT sector in a small company which means that I have to wear many hats. I am considered at work to be an excellent problem solver and I pride myself in the fact that there are very few things with computers that I cannot fix. I will be giving my every effort to get this server working properly and keep you guys informed as much as humanly possible. Propain has not yet got back to me with licences and ip addresses and stuff so I am not currently in a position to get this started which is fortunate as I was due to move house tomorrow but due to the joys of the English house purchasing system this has today fallen through and now I should be moving next Thursday.

Some things I have to mention.

This will be difficult to implement.

It will not be a quick process.

It will not give you all you ask for in terms of functionality.

As long as you can understand this and take on board the issues we will face, this will be a nice change and a welcome break from the unwanted spambots.

Thank you for all your patience and suggestions in this, I really do consider you all my very best of friends

It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote