Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Opponent finding forum > Opponent finding forum
Home

Old 17-08-2003, 05:14   #1
Plux
King

Default Joining the 1vs1's - GAME STARTED

I've decided that I want to try some 1 on 1 games as well. Anybody interested in contesting me on preferably emperor or deity?
Plux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2003, 05:40   #2
Cartouche Bee

sure take your pick of level, what kind of game you want to play?

Any prefs for civs? I think the 2 top traits are industrious and commercial in 1 on 1. So don't let me take France. Who do you like for civs?

I'm flexable on settings but prefer panagea to avoid the poor naval situation in the game. Things like what anarres and I have going on or aggie and I have going on where we have our territories covered so we have to wait for marines before any real action can happen.
Cartouche Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2003, 07:33   #3
Aggie
Emperor

Plux, good to read that you want to try 1vs1! I like to play. You really are commited to DDPP so I am sure that I can expect a nicely paced game.

I like to play easy deity, deity with two settlers for the humans. Emperor is too easy with two humans imvho.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2003, 14:17   #4
Plux
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Cartouche Bee

sure take your pick of level, what kind of game you want to play?

Any prefs for civs? I think the 2 top traits are industrious and commercial in 1 on 1. So don't let me take France. Who do you like for civs?

I'm flexable on settings but prefer panagea to avoid the poor naval situation in the game. Things like what anarres and I have going on or aggie and I have going on where we have our territories covered so we have to wait for marines before any real action can happen.
In single-player mode I usually play emperor on a packed archipelago world with 24 civs, which starts very peaceful and ends with total world war , so I guess this type of game will probably ask for some adjustments in my style of game play . I'm ok with anything, though, so pangaea is fine. I normally like the religous trait a lot, but I already read that traits are very differently valued in 1 on 1. Oh well, I guess I'll go for a random civ, as usual . You can take whichever you want.
Old 17-08-2003, 14:21   #5
Plux
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Aggie

Plux, good to read that you want to try 1vs1! I like to play. You really are commited to DDPP so I am sure that I can expect a nicely paced game.

I like to play easy deity, deity with two settlers for the humans. Emperor is too easy with two humans imvho.
I hope I can live up to your expectations concerning the game pace Easy deity sounds very well suited for me, in single player I normally have little trouble on emperor level, but I haven't tried deity very often. So I would like try that with CB too. Furthermore I always like as much settings as possible to be random, but if your experience with 1 vs 1 would suggest some fixed settings, please say so.
Old 17-08-2003, 14:29   #6
Aggie
Emperor

Plux, I suggest to ask for balanced civs on a relatively balanced map (for the humans). The mapmakers could make whatever they want..be it pangaea or archipelago []. As long as the size is standard and the barbs roaming or less and the civs not too crappy (like England). OK?

And don't worry, I don't expect a fast paced game..just a game that progresses well.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2003, 05:48   #7
Cartouche Bee

Hi Plux, I'd be happy to have a balanced game similar to what you and aggie agreed to, on a pangaea. I'm not worried about the civ I play as long as we get a reasonable matchup. No [military,expansionists] against [commercial,industrious] type matchups.

However I'd like that the AI placements to be balanced so one of us is not hemmed in from the start. I think that if one player starts with 3 civs 12 tiles away the other player should be in the same situation. I really think the average distance to the nearest 4 civs should be similar.
Cartouche Bee is offline   Reply With Quote