Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 27-07-2007, 13:05   #131
socralynnek

Personally, I see this Tour with mixed emotions.

What is positive for me is, that it seems harder for riders using dope to get away with it. Seems like Vino used someone else's blood because it is too dangerous to carry one's own blood because of controls.

Personally I do believe that the Tour this year is cleaner than the years before.
And people getting caught is a good sign, as it seems the controls are getting better.

At least, that is positive for the future.

But the Tour this year itself is a farce.
Old 31-07-2007, 10:32   #132
Kingreno

And Iban Mayo is the next one...it does not seem to end.

Rasmussen comming with press announcement soon.
Old 31-07-2007, 11:52   #133
Shabbaman
Administrator

Still waiting for Contador to be exposed. That german so-called expert Franke claims he has proof. Obviously, he hasn't, because he doesn't show it.
Old 01-08-2007, 15:17   #134
socralynnek

That guy Franke is really strange. I have seen him in TV discussions.
The problem is, in many things he said, time has proven him right...

Let's wait and see about the Contador thing.
He has given the documents he got to the police, so that means he did show it...but not to the TV....which he already did last year with some other documents about the Fuentes thing.

Personally, I think the tour was cleaner this year than in the years before. It is good that the controls seem to work better...OTOH it looks kind of strange that Contador was even in the peleton as he was on Fuentes list (Jaksche also said he has training and medication plans from Funetes where Contador was also listed). Seems like Spanish police or teams are not willing to stop it.
Old 01-08-2007, 15:22   #135
grahamiam
Emperor

Just a general Tour dope testing question: Can someone tell me why the dope testing lab always reports the results to the newspaper before informing the team, rider, and the tour itself? Did something happen in the past that makes this necessary?
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 15:39   #136
socralynnek

Good question....it is not that often I think that the press knows first who has doped.
But it is quite often that the press knows that someone was tested positive on a certain day.

That is probably because they pay enough that someone in the laboratory tells them. But as those people in the laboratory don't know the names of the riders they only can say that someone is doped.

The normal procedure is to inform team and rider first which I think the Tour itself has done so.
Old 01-08-2007, 16:10   #137
Beorn
Disabled Vet

IMHO the doping thing does make an unfair cut between the riders, no questions there, and I have no problem with them being cut out of the records. OTOH when I look at the numbers - distances, altitudes and consecutive days of hours of mind-boggling efforts, I just cannot resolve myself to talking them down on drug basis. Make it a "2 speeds system" like public/private health care, test the certified group all the time and just record the ones that are dope certified. It is a worthwhile odyssey wether you're doped up or not.

I consider myself a serious, though not competitive, bike rider. Give me all the dope in the world and a few years of training and I *might* survive the Tour. I can pump Tour de France grade efforts into my legs and pedals at most 15-20 minutes on a good shape day, and the next day is bound not to be of the exact same good shape.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote