Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Aggie's forum
Home

Old 14-05-2003, 08:34   #51
ERIKK

If you want to launch that spaceship you will need research... Maybe you can halve the science rate and confuse him.... Maybe he will try to steal while there is nothing to steal!
Old 03-06-2003, 17:35   #52
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 252:

I discovered Sanitation and I'm rushing hospitals in my core. Next tech (steel) will be researched at a slower rate

PS. With my Palace built as a cover (not to be seen on F7) I will grab Bach within two turns. I hope that Killer forgot about it, allowing me to do with less luxuries from Killer and less war weariness when it's getting serious.
Old 05-06-2003, 20:30   #53
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 256:

I almost control all land on my own continent after rushing a few libraries. First the first time in the game, I have more land than Killer :

28.19KB
Old 08-06-2003, 10:01   #54
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 257:

Killer has Nationalism!

11.06*KB

I've got to have this tech. It will allow me to draft citizens while I keep on building up my empire for a space race victory.

Good thing that I stopped research a few turns ago. Now I have the 1965 gold that is needed for a careful steal.

After that I draft 35 riflemen. I will keep on drafting until the military advisor says that I'm average with Killer.

I decide to investigate another one of Killer's city to check if he's researching still. I guess he still is (30%), but look at the state of his terrain:

107.48*KB

This is my capital, as a comparison:

129.81*KB

Since he still is researching, I decide to keep mine at 0%. I bet he is researching espionage. I'm ahead in refining and sanitation. Still 7 turns to go in our peace deal...
Old 09-06-2003, 09:09   #55
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 262:

I drafted about 100 infantry and now Killer only has an average military . I think that he changd his plans when he saw that. We have 20 turns more peace and I started research again.

Killer tells me that his tech steal attempt failed. Only fair of him to tell, because I wouldn't be told: another bug in PBEM. I still had sanitation over him, so it's not that he was tricked by my research pause.

I will use the next 20 turns to further build up my empire and turn it into a difficult-to-conquer bastion. I guess we have to wait for marine before one of us can attack. And I will just sit and wait for Killer.
Old 09-06-2003, 23:47   #56
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 263:

I tried to steal a tech from Killer, but it failed. Why: well for the first time ever I saw the explanation that the opponent didn't have any. I did cost me 2000 gold to find out

However, otherwise things are looking very good. I have 20 more turns to build and I will use that to make it next to impossible for killer to conquer me. I hope. And then we have to wait a looooooong time for the decision. I think that I will be able to beat him in the space race. And also, if we reach that stage, I will probably be the first to build nucleair weapons . I plan to have about 10 icbm's before killer has one.
Old 14-06-2003, 18:23   #57
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 275: We had a couple of quiet turns. A lot of MM-ing.

In this turn I managed to steal Espionage from Killer for 1450 gold.

Meanwhile I am certain that he stole Steel from me. I still have Combustion over him.
Old 14-06-2003, 19:28   #58
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 277: I discover Mass Production. Killer now trails two techs: combustion and mass production. Tanks in 5 turns!