Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Aggie's forum
Home

Old 05-09-2003, 07:50   #21
Aggie
Emperor

We share a common foe in the same timeframe with the same civ Let's kick some ass ERIKK
Old 08-09-2003, 23:15   #22
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 180:

We obviously both waited for the AI to discover Scientific Method and that took quite some time! But to my big surprise, when we get it, Jack isn't prepared and can't build ToE :

44*KB

I trade Atomic Theory around and get: 7000 gold, 430 gpt, Refining, Replaceable Parts, Nationalism, Communism, Espionage. ...I'm so happy.

I decide not to trade Electronics, however I can get a good sum from the Ottomans. Hoover will be ready in 13, we'll see if I get it, maybe a cascade will kill the pre-builds from the AI.

Jack may want to steal, but with double prices a careful steal costs 5000 gold . Still he could snatch Hoover...but that's something I have to accept, because two pre-builds weren't really possible.

I started to research Radio, due in 12 at -25 gpt at max.

Jack wants to attack the strongest power in the world: Persia. He may trigger their GA!

I'm seriously thinking about a UN victory. My plan will be to get a strong defense and beeline to panzers. Then I will probably attack a lonely unit from a far away civ (for a GA) and get MA's vs them. Panzers are not very far from the UN wonder and with my free tech I just may get it right in time

However, I may actually like my panzers so much that I want to use them properly
Old 10-09-2003, 14:13   #23
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 183: The Ottomans and Greeks have Steel. No-one has Electronics. Jack doesn't have Atomic Theory and Refining. Other good news is that Universal Suffrage was built, so the cascade towards Hoover is gone. I still have 8 turns for Hoover and 9 for Radio (100% research and making +80 gpt). I probably will get them both . Panzers may be around in 15 turns
Old 13-09-2003, 01:42   #24
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 188:

Three turns from Radio and 5 from Hoover I decide to sell Electronics. It nets me:

- another 3082 gold, 105 gpt and Steel from the Ottomans.
- Combustion and 15 gpt from the Persians.

Now I'm 3 turns from Radio (and a sure new cashcow) and two techs from Panzers. When no-one gets a leader, I will get Hoover.

Jack is at war with the Persians and must be in a GA. He didn't gain any territroy on the Persians yet, but they also might have entered the GA.
Old 14-09-2003, 15:30   #25
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 191:

I discover Radio .

Trading gives me:
- Mass Production, 224 gpt and 2292 gold from the Ottomans
- 226 gpt and 90 gold from the Persians
- Ivory, 97 gpt and 90 gold from the Greeks
- 90 gpt from the Romans

This is a detail from the F1-screen :

58.87*KB

Motorized transport is in 8. I hope that the Ottomans first research flight, because THEN turn 199 willbe a biggie with three strong scientific civs. We will then enter the Modern Age

Turn 192:

I now have Hoover and Wall Street. Jack still doesn't know Steels and Electronics. I wonder if he knows how far behind he is...

He managed to take a town from Persia. He may get stronger and become the first civ in size. Then HE will be against me in the UN vote.

Turn 193:

France and India pay me a total of 250 gpt for Radio. Now everyone has it but Jack. He did acquire Steel and Electronics last turn. My income at 90% science is 1290 gpt. I can obviously coop when I find out that the Otto's research Mot. Transport first, but it would be awesome when they don't. Jack got another town from Persia.

Turn 195:

The Ottomans have Mot. Transport. My research is not fast enough . I buy it for 240 gpt. Then I see that Osman didn't trade it yet .

So:
- The Greeks pay me 144 gpt and 84 gold
- The Persians pay me 64 gpt and 140 gold. Jack will have a bit more difficult time now

World Map:

8.31*KB

Turn 196 (800 AD!!):

Persia and the Ottomans are Modern! So I buy flight from Persia for 4700 gold. I get Fission for free :

- I sell the Greeks flight for 2 gpt and they get Computers
- I buy these computers for fission and 32 gpt
- Persia buys the computers for 4720 gold (my gold) and 276 gpt. Persia now has tanks and Mech Inf vs Jack.

Next I make the Indians angry by failing spy exposure:

15.96*KB

The Indians attack me in my border and now also are at war with the Ottomans and Greece

Next turn is my GA. I set the research from palace to SETI, only to swap it the turn I finish it...to the UN.

Turn 197:

I attack an Indian warrior and enter the GA. Frankfurt has 131 shields per turn and UN will be in 4! I set up the world except Persia and Jack vs India to prevent a sneak attack.
Old 15-09-2003, 06:33   #26
ERIKK

Jack is dead!
Old 15-09-2003, 07:43   #27
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 200:

Jack entered the modern age, but doesn't have a modern tech yet. My UN is ready in 1. I decided to not get alliances vs the Ottomans. Firstly because they are my next-door neighbour. Secondly because it would hurt my rep and thirdly: I don't think that Jack will do nothing in his last turn before UN. I'm not sure whether I will win this vote, but every result will be OK. Least preferable is an undecided, since I lead the histograph and a UN loss would also mean a win.
Old 15-09-2003, 08:05   #28
Grille

Wow! Modern times in 800ad and all this amazing deals!

On estimation, who'll be the other UN candidate (if it's just one)?

What happens if the ai (possibly Persia) wins the vote (I guess Jack wouldn't vote for you )?
Old 15-09-2003, 08:15   #29
Aggie
Emperor

The AI candidate would have been Persia, but Jack took two cities. Looking at the powergraph my guess now is the Ottomans. I will win the ladder game when Osman gets the vote, having the highest score. But I really like to get a UN victory in 860 AD . Osman COULD win it though. He also stayed peaceful. I didn't dare to take the risk to set the world up vs Osman (see above). An undecided would mean that I beeline towards ICBM's .
Old 15-09-2003, 16:56   #30
Aggie
Emperor

The vote (Jack, Joan and me) was inconclusive. But Jack has no money to help himself when the GA ends. So he concedes.