Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Civilization > General Discussion > Civ III
Home

Old 22-09-2004, 21:40   #11
Justus II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by digger760

I think i have had enough of Single Player Epics....

Last night i completed a single Player Epics game. It took me 14 months to play...a total of just over 23 playing hours.
Great, now I really feel obsessive. I knew I was a slow player, but I don't think I've ever had a game in that few hours. When I played GOTM, I think my FASTEST domination win was 24+ hours, most in the 40-hour range. I've had one take over 70 playing hours. And no, I don't leave Civ running in the background, that's all actual playing time.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by shabbaman

I finished in 4 hours, 38 minutes in 420 a.d., I can't complain about dragging (this time).
I'm always amazed by the fast games, I really am. 4 hours is usually enough time for me to get my 10 turns done in an SG! I've obviously got to learn to play faster. No wonder I've never tried to play online. At least, with PBEM, I can do a turn in under 1/2 an hour, and send it off.
Justus II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2004, 22:41   #12
Socrates
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Justus II

At least, with PBEM, I can do a turn in under 1/2 an hour, and send it off.

The guy at the other end of the line :
Old 22-09-2004, 23:13   #13
anarres
anarchist butcher

I am quite a slow player anyway, but in one of my PBEM's turns can take up to 2 hours (Industrial Age). I've not finished a SP game in probably over a year now, they just don't do it for me anymore...
Old 27-10-2004, 09:36   #14
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

And then there's a challenge of defeating my brother. His record is 7725 points, mine is 6741.
What difficulty level was that, Matrix?
Old 27-10-2004, 09:54   #15
digger760
King

Announcement: I have started another SP Epic..infact i had a few restarts
I am trying a tiny archiplegao with 60% water...first time at demi-god

First few maps had me in lots of tundra so re-started until i was at the equator..then i had no water...and made a mistake by attacking the french to early..sure i one a city and techs of them but then the Sumerians attacked me and i lost i second biggest city.

I have restarted again. This time i have had trouble with barbs. What is the best way to deal with barbs. So far I have had the best results by placing warriors to the SW or NE of the barb camp and let the first barb attack me. Once promoted to vet or elite i feel confident enough to attack a barb camp. But now horseman are appearing in the camps and they quite often kill vet and elite warriors. Is it time to get archers/spear combo to hadnle camps or is that a waste of resources in the early game?

The AI is outpacing me..but i have learnt to ignore that on Emperor level as there stupididty with tactics lets them down eventually.
digger760 is offline   Reply With Quote