Home

Old 05-02-2004, 09:11   #51
Shabbaman
Administrator

Again v.s. matrix. Hm.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:23   #52
Matrix
Administrator

Why did I win this? I just started the game!

Anyway, good luck, Shabbaman!
Old 07-02-2004, 20:42   #53
Bootstoots

Looks like I'll be playing Robot 2 for 7th place. I hope to win that one.

Good luck to all remaining teams.
Bootstoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 00:04   #54
Matrix
Administrator

Rats, my two best players are injurted. There's your chance, Shabba.
Old 11-02-2004, 19:50   #55
Matrix
Administrator

And you took that chance. Congratulations, Shabbaman!
Old 11-02-2004, 21:31   #56
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

And I lost the match for 3rd place. A mere 0-7 for Yndy
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 01:22   #57
Melifluous
Administrator

Well most exciting game so far this cup season must go to our match tonight...

My complete B-Team had an absolute thriller...

Quote:
quote:
768 spectators had come to Acorazado Fuerte Arena this cloudy day. Acorazado started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Poffers - Wijnen, van Haaften, Kal - Grondman, Brouwers, van der Klauw, Hoekstra, Meessen - Merhottein, Berg.

Manglers had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. They fielded: Williams - Hautala, Verspoor, Rouvé, Mason - Knell, Weavers, Davis, Quigley-Parks - Davies, Lal.

Manglers were relying on their weak ability to counter-attack. Acorazado took the lead in the 3rd minute after a magnificent free kick. Jason Hoekstra adjusted the score to 1 - 0. Jason Hoekstra increased Acorazado´s lead to 2 - 0 from a penalty spot cannonball. Divyagovrsabhadhvaja Lal stunned the crowd with a brilliant counterattack from the left, giving Manglers the goal to make it 2 - 1. In the 34:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Erik Merhottein dashed through, knocking home 3 - 1 for Acorazado. Ed Knell was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Divyagovrsabhadhvaja Lal managed to kick one of them into 3 - 2 in the 39:th minute. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Acorazado lead up with 4 - 2. Keimpe Berg finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. The structure of the game started to change as Acorazado decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Acorazado had to manage with a reduced squad from the 40:th minute on, as Frank Kal got sent off for a foul in a free situation. Due to a severely mistimed tackle,John Weavers spent some time on the grass writhing in agony before he could get up and continue the game. The teams went for a half-time break at 4 - 2. Acorazado held the ball, with a clear 51 percent possession rate.

John Weavers nearly reduced 60 minutes into the game, but a splendid one hand save by Jari Poffers put a stop to the attempt coming in from the right flank. Manglers breathed new life into the game with an opportunity to reduce the score in the 70:th minute, but the home side´s defenders cleared the ball on the line, after a long shot coming in from the left, rebounding off the crossbar. Barry Grondman of Acorazado received a yellow card in the 74:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Acorazado´s Ruud Wijnen putting the lead up to 5 - 2. As Kennedy Mason had, completely unprovoked, swept the legs out from under an opponent in front of a linesman, the referee gave the Manglers player a red card without batting an eye. After 82 minutes Acorazados Frank van Haaften had to be carried off on a stretcher in agony. Douwe Croes came in instead of him. In the 82nd minute Robert Davies, after an opportunist attack from the right, scored the reducer for Manglers making it 5 - 3. A bit later Manglers´s Robert Davies easily reduced to 5 - 4 after a misunderstanding in the home sides central defense line. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Manglers, with an impressive 66 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Acorazado player was without a doubt Erik Merhottein. Douwe Croes was a disappointment, however. Most important Manglers player was Andy Quigley-Parks. Eric Hautala on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 5 - 4.
I lost but shit man, what a game....

Melifluous
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 07:48   #58
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:A brilliantly sunny day had enticed a crowd of 733 to Sint Kees Stadion. Shabba had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Aupperlee - Geluk, Couso, Ramsaur - de Ruijsscher, Decker, de Maat, Romano, Leblanc - Hamers, ten Cate.

Strastad had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Seroo - Meevis, Meessen, Naan - Verhagen, van Langen-Suurl, Eijmael, Bernhard, Horstman - Ogultürk, Runsink.

Shabba seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of Strastad, and they seem weak at it. One of many good passes from Steijn Verhagen at the wing was recieved and skillfully taken care of by Karsten Runsink, scoring for Strastad to 0 - 1. Simon ten Cate pulled a real crowd pleaser as he, in the 26:th minute, wove through the guests whole central defense line and put the 1 - 1 equaliser away. The 37:th minute saw the home team take a 2 - 1 lead after a leak in the visitors right side defense. Scorer for Shabba was Simon ten Cate. In the 37:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Simon ten Cate dashed through, knocking home 3 - 1 for Shabba. By then Simon ten Cate was a three time scorer - a hat trick! After 39 minutes Shabbas Sébastien Couso had to be carried off on a stretcher in agony. Hylke Geurden came in instead of him. The teams went for a half-time break at 3 - 1. Shabba held the ball, with a clear 65 percent possession rate.

Matthijs Hamers increased Shabba´s lead to 4 - 1 from a penalty spot cannonball. A corner kick created great disorder in the penalty area, but at last Strastad´s Ziya Ogultürk was able to shove the ball in. 4-2. In the 71st minute Shabba put themselves up 5 - 2. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Simon ten Cate coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. Shabba´s Niels Decker had an excellent opportunity in the 71st minute, shooting on a through ball, but he missed the goal by miles! In the games 72nd minute Shabba´s Jasper de Maat fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Jasper de Maat for taking a dive. In the 73rd minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Bas de Ruijsscher dashed through, knocking home 6 - 2 for Shabba. Shabba held the ball, with a clear 69 percent possession rate.

Shabba´s best player was Matthijs Hamers. Tomas Leblanc on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Strastad player was without a doubt Tom Meessen. John Horstman on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 6 - 2.
Hurray! Now, I need that cupholder for my cup []
Pity my MVP got injured. Oh, and two goals in the 37th minute? Amazing!
Old 12-02-2004, 10:37   #59
Cruise

When is a new cup going to start?
I already have arranged a friendly for next wednesday. So i hope it will start the week after that.
Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:39   #60
Shabbaman
Administrator

Well, next season I guess...