Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 23-10-2013, 13:31   #11
Matrix
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
Do you mean you are playing against yourself times 18, like in a completely crazy version of Zweig's Schachnovelle on computer?? Could be fun to have a game report.
Don't know if it would make a fun game report. I think it's very lame for you. You can't do diplomacy of course, so all players are playing very dumb and naïve, on Maarten's automatic pilot. So also all of them with the same stragegy. Most interesting for me is who will win, why, and how much difference in points there will be between the different players.

The difference seems to be steady where the top player has around 1.5 times as many point as the last one. (Except the one dead player of course. He was scouting with his only warrior and the neighbouring civ, who did the same, saw an empty capital from a hill. )
Old 23-10-2013, 18:18   #12
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

I started playing EU4 couple of weeks ago but have not spend a lot of time on it yet. Besides that I've been playing Runescape for the past 3 years or so, the many quests are mostly enjoyable stories by themselves.
Old 23-10-2013, 20:26   #13
Socrates
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Don't know if it would make a fun game report. I think it's very lame for you. You can't do diplomacy of course, so all players are playing very dumb and naïve, on Maarten's automatic pilot. So also all of them with the same stragegy. Most interesting for me is who will win, why, and how much difference in points there will be between the different players.
It could have been more fun to have every civ playing according to a certain style. Basically mimicking historical civs and making the best of their respective advantages.
Better: You could have scripted the whole playing style for all civs, and let them play against each other!
Oh wait, why aren't you building an AI?
Old 24-10-2013, 00:53   #14
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Been playing Dungeons of Dredmor a lot after summer until I defeated Dredmor himself, albeit on easy mode. Also played a lot of EU IV, will return to that once I have more time on my hands.

Lately: Starcraft and Hearthstone when I'm not working, which is what is consuming most of my time these days.

I keep returning to SC2, I play a lot of 2v2 with grs. I still suck at it like crazy even after spending so many hours playing it but still enjoy the game.

Got a Hearthstone key from grs two weeks ago or so. Very good casual magic the gathering clone. I have a feeling that I'll spend a lot of time on this game in the future. It's TBS but a game takes maybe 5 to 10 minutes which makes it easy to play a quick game. The draft mode is brilliant, entrance fees can be paid both in real and in game money but you're garantueed to get a booster as a prize no matter how you peform. If you play a few (4 on average I guess) games each day ,you can buy a booster every other day or enter draft every 3rd day approximately. A very reasonable setup, let's hope they keep it this way after beta.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2013, 03:04   #15
Matrix
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
It could have been more fun to have every civ playing according to a certain style. Basically mimicking historical civs and making the best of their respective advantages.
Better: You could have scripted the whole playing style for all civs, and let them play against each other!
Oh wait, why aren't you building an AI?
Your last question answers the other two. Then you might as well be a spectator of AI's playing against each other. This is to see how my most naive style of play will work out against itself.

I don't think it's a good way of improving one's tactics, though. You learn most from other players in a multiplayer game.

Unlike TrackMania, where I also often play against myself. That definitely improves my skills! (Basically I'm unbeatable now among friends, which is actually kind of spoiling the fun.)
Old 24-10-2013, 14:49   #16
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

Shabba, I sometimes play some OpenTT; with a series of add-ons and extras that's the best TT clone there is

I've made a few maps with challanges for a friend; I can share if you're interested.
Old 25-10-2013, 12:46   #17
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Killer M View Post
with a series of add-ons and extras that's the best TT clone there is
I know... I can't stand the graphics though
Old 29-10-2013, 22:17   #18
Furiey
King

Been playing various bits and pieces in the odd moments when I get some time. I did play all the way through Antichamber which I enjoy and have now made the mistake of downloading Plants v Zombies 2 onto my tablet...
Furiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2013, 17:07   #19
Matrix
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
I know... I can't stand the graphics though
I don't know if Killer meant OpenTT or OpenTTD, but for the latter you can actually still use the original graphics if you have the DOS files somewhere. You get this option when you install OpenTTD.
Old 31-10-2013, 08:22   #20
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
I don't know if Killer meant OpenTT or OpenTTD, but for the latter you can actually still use the original graphics if you have the DOS files somewhere. You get this option when you install OpenTTD.
OpenTTD