Shabbaman
Administrator

Nice.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:15   #22
Stapel
Emperor

Overview of the island, including future cities:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Turn 105 250BC.JPG (85.8 KB, 7 views)

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:26   #23
Stapel
Emperor

Not much to tell. Since conquering BCLG, I've been busy building granaries, forges, harbours, couthouses and a lighthouse or two. My cap is spitting out wonders!

Diplo overview:
Barbu: OB + 10 turn cancellation peace deal.
-Matrix: OB + 25 turn cancellation peace deal.
-Furiey: OB + 10 turn cancellation peace deal.
-Donovan Zoi: OB + 10 turn cancellation peace deal. Can be cancelled if either one of us declares war on Barbu (he wanted so).
Grahamiam: OB + peace until 1000 AD.
Socralynnek: OB. Otherwise not a word! I'm not sure why he has opened up conversations, but I do know why I didn't:

Ynnek and Zoi have been at war for quite some time now. Judging from the scorecard, Ynnek has just made a breakthrough. Can't be sure though! Fact is that Zoi's capitol is rather close to my island: only two boat turns away. It wouldn't be a bad idea to get in a semi war mode and build a few units, including 5 galleys or so. Obviously, I need to respect the 10 turns, so whatever I will do, Zoi will expect me coming. It would be a nice idea to chip in, when Ynnek is about to take over.

Another thing: Zoi has annoyed me by making an utterly ridiculous proposal a few turns back. He wanted to borrow 100 gold when he and Ynnek got to war. The interest he planned to pay was a one luxuary (which I really didn't need at that moment and do still not need at this moment). He also offered the amazing amount of 25 gold (yup, he offered 25 gold for each unit :crazy: )for each military unit I would give him........ Nothing wrong with an opportunistic PM, but after my dry decline, he came back with this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan Zoi
It's not like I don't have the means to defend myself, but I guess I can't argue with "desperate" as an appropriate description. Still thought it was a pretty reasoned, (and workable) deal.

A shame, as we were off to such a good start. I was looking forward to taking over the world together.

Best of luck to you as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stapel
Well Donovan,

I must say, that sounds rather desperate!

I'm sorry I have to decline! There really is nothing in it for me.

Bonne chance!

Quote:
Hi Bas!

Haha, yes, I had thought about it but had already declared on the AI over here and didn't want to spread myself too thin.

However, I have bigger problems now, it seems, as socralynnek has rolled up to my border with a stack of 25. If you'd like to solidify our relations, I'd be willing to make it worth your while. In-game, I have fronted you Silks in trade for a 100g loan (I can pay it back in 2-3 turns). Also, I can offer you 25g per unit you send my way, as well as gift you 2 Galleys to get them here. More gold can be made if you help me liberate cities.

If you have a 10-turn cancellation deal with socralynnek, you can opt out now and build up so we can both start pushing back in 10 turns. I will do what I can to hold the fort for now.

Hope this works for you. I'd like to think that you'd prefer a rational ally in Holy Rome across the pond instead of some crazy Mongols! Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Donovan

Quote:
Well, I do have a rather simple agreement with Barbu: peace with 10-turn cancellation.

I can agree with your ideas. Let's simply agree that any of us will inform the other if hostilities against Portugal are due in 10 turns.

As for the Colossus....., you could have chipped in a dozen turns ago. It was obvious BCLG had his forces busy stopping me, so his capitol was really there for the taking.

OTOH, I deliberately tried to find a peace deal with you, after BCLG's destruction. I somewhat anticipated you trying to 'profit' from the war between me and BCLG and would probably have declared war to you, if you would have taken BCLG's capitol .

Quote:
Quote:
Hi there,

Care for a peace deal in Robi's game? 10 or 20 turn cancellation?

Cheers,
Bas
Hi Bas,

After much thought (I really wanted to nab the Colossus), I'll go along with peace.

I like 10 turn cancellation just to keep my affairs consistent. However, I'm not sure I want to leave you unchecked against barbu, so I reserve the right to declare on you immediately if you initiate hostlities with Portugal without including me in the spoils.

Of course I say this without knowing what kind of current arrangement you have with barbu. I have no interest in declaring on him right now, but you can feel free to waive the 10-turn cancellation on me if I try anything. I believe this part of the agreement benefits both of us by keeping each other in check. It may also give us an opportunity to work together at some point.

Let me know if this works for you. Also, let me know if you will have a 2nd Rice or Silver available. I'll have Sugar and Silks hooked up soon, and possibly some extra food resources.

Regards,
Donovan (Bri)
Anyway, his last reply pissed me off a bit. When a totally rediculous one-sided proposal is kindly declined, you simply do not argue that it was a reasonable and workable deal, hinting that I am to blame for a bruised relationship......

Old 05-12-2010, 12:27   #24
Stapel
Emperor

Well, here's an overview:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Turn 131 400AD.JPG (87.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Turn 131 400ADb.JPG (113.3 KB, 5 views)