Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 05-09-2004, 09:06   #21
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Also wanted to ask, if someone can help. I know that the grades for scoring and other skills are indeed improving after training but still there is no ay to tell when the player jumps to a new level. When bying youth for training, as I understood, it would be better to buy not someone who was recently trained but just better someone who was not trained, like pooled from a decent youth squad in some other team. The question is, is there any way to know whether this particular youth is high passable or low passable after I bought it of before. H-Organizer does not know, may be there is some other utility?

The main problem is to tell whether actually training for scoring might bear some fruit before the season ends. Apparently, with that stupid coach I have (weak trainer) it would be really slow. However, if those ppls which have passable scoring might jump to solid eventually, profit can be staggering since they would be worth at least 100K each even without other skills.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:35   #22
Kingreno

There are some ways to tell if your newly bought player is "low" scoring or possibly "high" scoring. First you can send a message to his owner simply asking if he was promoted recently or was indeed a youthpull.
Secondly, you can check the line-up he plays in friendlies, if he playes 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 in them then it is a safe bet they have been training scoring. You are probably buying a promoted player then, which will take the full time to level up again. on the otehr hand, 5-3-2 or 5-4-1 will mean he is training defence, so no scoring. no 100% guarantee, but it gives you a clue.

As for "what will get me the profit". In general, you buy a player at level X and sell him at level X+Y for more money. The higher the X, the higher the profit. As you have just started, your X is Solid at a maximum and passable as a safer, but less profitable, choice. Solids are expensive (arround 100k for a main skill) but after 10 weeks on average you should get them to excellent, selling them for 250k+ (depending on second skills). The risk is that you probably have money for one or two solids only, so injury could spoil a lot of it.
Passable trainees are easier to get and a LOT cheaper. Look around and for around 10-20k you can get a passable scoring 17yr old, for more cash he might have a second skill like weak passing. Naturally, you can train these for two seasons, getting them to excellent as well, or sell them for 100k as they become solid.

All in all, I would suggest getting one solid and some passables, cash permitting. The passables will become your strikers in the future, while the solid should get to excellent and be sold.
Old 05-09-2004, 15:04   #23
yndy
Prince

You can't tell if a player is high or not in his skill. TSI gives and indication of the aggregate value of the player so the lower the TSI is, the lower the player. But TSI is influenced by all the other skills, so if it's high, there's a chance the player is high on his main skill but not sure.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:01   #24
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

It has been a draw, 1-1!!! The guy played 5-3-2 with counterattacks but had one weak wing. So, they scored first and then one of our wingers scored. Looks like passable winger + passable scorer is a sure bet against even a decent (for our stupid league) defence (2+ and 3 stars).

Also, the stadium has been full, all 7000 spectators came. What if I slightly expand it, would it give more income? I know it is costly and some performance is always required to attract the crowd which might be a tricky thing to achieve. I've made 67K this weak from crowd and sponsors spending around 30K which on average would leave me at around zero balance if I just do nothing.

I guess, at the present situation, best bet might be to train scoring and pray for the results to show up before the end of season. Next season though might be different depending on these results.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:58   #25
yndy
Prince

If you want to expand your stadium do it in large increments. Add at least 7000 more seats and make it 'optimum' (63% terraces, 25% seats, 10% covered seats, 2% VIP).

http://www.databased.at/hattrick/x-r...ter=arenasizer
Old 06-09-2004, 19:32   #26
Dell19
King

I managed to get a crowd of 8735 at home against the team that is second to last in my league.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 21:30   #27
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

akots, in regard to training. As Yndy says there's no real possibility to say that when a player is gonna promote as TSI applies tp all skills. However you can see when a player has been pulled from his youth squad in the memorable moments menu.

When a player has been drafted after friday morning you are sure he hasnt received any training and has been pulled at his current skill levels. Meaning that on average he's halfway to the next level. In other words if training scoring takes you 8 weeks for a just promoted player, it should take you 4 weeks on average for a youthpull. Could also be just 1 or the whole 8 weeks.

However when a player has been drafted a few weeks ago, chances are pretty big he has been trained and has promoted recently. So preferably buy a player that has been drafted very recently to improve quick level up chances.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 01:05   #28
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

I have bought only 3 fresh youth-just-polled-passable scorers for about 10K each none of which had never played a game with virtually zero TSI. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if they did not play a single game, they cannot get any training on them? And they were from decent leagues (IIIrd and IVth IIRC), so chances are these guys really consider this as a trash and might train only if they pull a solid scorer from the youth. But I'll double-check regarding Fridays.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:52   #29
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

If they didnt play any game, the chance they trained is extremely small. Every week all players get a tiny, tiny amount of training experience even if they didnt play but the chance that leveled up a payer is below 1%.

The fact that they're for sale doesnt necessarily mean someone thinks they're not good enough for him but maybe they have a different training programm. If you pull a solid scorer but you're training 10 PM trainees, a solid scorer might be useless for you.

You wrote you bought players with virtually no TSI, I'm wondering what you exactly mean by this. Are they below passable scoring level or low TSI for passable?
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 10:05   #30
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

They are passable scoring but TSI was low, 280 (17 yrs), 390, and 400 (both 18yrs). And I checked, they all were pulled on 8/22 Sunday, sold on Thursday 8/25.