Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Melifluous' forum
Home

Old 08-07-2005, 23:42   #261
romeothemonk
King

I'm trying not to be stupid, but many people have the tendancy to equate religious, especially Christian, with stupid. I have worked very hard not to be stupid, and was blessed with some God-given talent there. I have worked very little at avoiding laziness, which is why I post so much throughout the workday here. I will have to post more I guess.
These conversations make me wish I could meet some of you folks face to face and discuss stuff, but Rapid City is in the middle of Nowhere-ville. I am locationally closest to Whomp and Bedhead, and they are each over 1000 miles away.
Old 09-07-2005, 00:08   #262
col
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by akots
[ But imo, moderators are just people who like to spam more than others. But I'm proud of beating the old and experienced distinguished spammer col in such a short time!
Bollocks

Quantity yes.
Quality never.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:04   #263
Socrates
Emperor

Why did I suddenly decide to stop ignoring this thread ? Do you have any idea, Meli ??? Maybe because I'm bored as hell. One moment I like to remember is when we were online with Matrix and Paal, and how I was smartassing for fun, but then decided to talk seriously to you because you thought I wouldn't be able to do it. Don't know if I was convincing, but at least I can think ? A little ? Oh, and Romeo, English isn't my native language, and I didn't quite understand your comment on me in this very thread : "Without being a smartass, I am digging a deep hole with Krys"

I see akots is having a challenge. But am I really at 1500 posts here ? Too much for my taste. My goal on a forum isn't to have the greatest postcount, but to have the most consistent post in average. I think I'll have a bit more work after THIS post.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:37   #264
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by col
Bollocks

Quantity yes.
Quality never.
Hey, a grey bollocks man, you're supposed to play some chess over at freechess.org with me. And fix your new PC.

Quantity is all that matters. But must admit, quality is dropping low while quantity is increased. This means Anarres is the lowest quality poster at CDZ.

And those guys starting from page 6 of the members list are the best posters around since their silence is golden. Do the math, you're good at that.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:42   #265
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov
... Oh, and Romeo, English isn't my native language, and I didn't quite understand your comment on me in this very thread : "Without being a smartass, I am digging a deep hole with Krys" ...
Well, one might imagine Romeo using you as a shovel while holding you at your ass and digging a hole in the ground with your body. Be it arms/head or legs/shoes first, either way. I think you understood everything perfectly.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:29   #266
col
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by akots

Quote:
Bollocks

Quantity yes.
Quality never.
Hey, a grey bollocks man, you're supposed to play some chess over at freechess.org with me. And fix your new PC.
New pc is finally running. Got to reinstall everything now.
Then we shall see who is the master and who is the pupil....
Old 09-07-2005, 20:40   #267
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
New pc is finally running. Got to reinstall everything now.
Then we shall see who is the master and who is the pupil....
First, masta, you need to install the freechess client. Go to the freechess.org and select Jin as your client. That one compensates for lags and stuff and makes seeks easier. Though you still have to type most of the things. Then register and then get yourself some rating there by playing a few games. We then can set a time for a meeting.

I'm currently fluctuating between 1780 and 1870 depending on mood swings, once got to 1890 but it was an accident.
Old 10-07-2005, 00:17   #268
romeothemonk
King

Chess is a good game. I should perhaps join chess again, I just lack the patience to take it to a high level. But my wife is teaching me patience. It really sucks.
Old 13-07-2005, 18:20   #269
Whomp
King

No patience Romeo? Speed chess.

Abbie Hoffman and Jerry Rubin threw a party in the 70's where you invite the most "interesting" person you know. Then the "interesting" person they brought would invite their most "interesting" person to the next party. Rinse and repeat... It turned into quite a gig after about 4 rounds. Everyone from entertainers to politicians etc. etc. showed up.

Who would is the most "interesting" person you know? You don't have to name names if you don't want but maybe why you find
them so interesting.
I would invite my friend Johnny, a friend from uni. Johnny's interesting because he's the inventor of the "keg-a-que", runs a company that manufactures friction products for brakes and clutches. He is probably more fun than interesting but would have no problem working the room. A bonus is he knows some very interesting people that he could invite to the 2nd party. You?
Old 13-07-2005, 18:39   #270
romeothemonk
King

I have played some speed chess before and found that a 10 minute timer really elevates my game in comparison to the people I play against. I played some Master and Grandmaster guys a few years back (7 years now), and got thumped in no-limit games, but put them on the clock and we had draws.

"interesting people" or people that can work a room. When I am in the right mood I can work a room like no-one else. When I am not, I am a grumpy-dumpy wallflower. I would have to choose my buddy Mike as the guy to invite. He is an American Indian that grew up in a German community, then commuted with me in high-school to a scandanavian community. He had/has the wildest ideas, will say and do dang near anything, and is one of the most fun guys I know. He hopes to have many kids so he can put them in Shy_Guy costumes from Mario Brothers and freak people out. His ability to polarize any room of any size is amazing.
He also has some of the best quotes ever. About a flat-chested mutual female acquaintance. "---- had on a low cut dress. It was like an invisible car wreck, you were looking at something and it wasn't there, but you couldn't take your eyes off of it."
I could fill this thread with random spam stories about some of our exploits and such.