Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Civilization > General Discussion > Civ III
Home

Old 31-05-2005, 11:25   #11
Melifluous
Administrator

Nope changed my mind again.

Maybe I thought K was ok, but now I think he is a really cool guy

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpo...59&postcount=8

I know akots can be annoying enough sometimes to piss off the dead, but this just sucked.

I am glad CFC didn't make the final. The final really does not need children in it who can not bear to lose.

Melifluous
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2005, 11:32   #12
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Agreed. I am surprised he was not warned, or banned even for such a statement. Kudos to Akots for rising above such insults.

Stockholm syndrome - isnt that related to hostages and terrorists?

Does that mean that Akots was a hostage and the CDZ team were terrorists?

So many questions
Old 31-05-2005, 11:34   #13
Melifluous
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

So many questions
I know I feel like a pervert in a barrel full of titties.

Melifluous
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2005, 12:19   #14
Matrix
Administrator

Whoever Provolution is, I still think it's unfair to call CFC the justified loser, just because of one person. And with openly accusing him as the sole reason for CFC's loss, you kinda support his unwillingness to admit his fault and make him not being able to bear to lose.

No, especially in the end he wasn't my biggest friend either. But I still pity him.
Old 31-05-2005, 12:21   #15
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

Whoever Provolution is, I still think it's unfair to call CFC the justified loser, just because of one person. And with openly accusing him as the sole reason for CFC's loss, you kinda support his unwillingness to admit his fault and make him not being able to bear to lose.

No, especially in the end he wasn't my biggest friend either. But I still pity him.
Huh? Where? What?
Old 31-05-2005, 12:52   #16
Ginger_Ale
Prince

Indeed Provolution is confused in many places.

CDZ a place of political correctness? Far from it!

CFC did make some critical mistakes, but oh well, if I can I'll grab a spot with CDZ for the final ISDG.
Ginger_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2005, 12:53   #17
Markstar
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

So many questions
I know I feel like a pervert in a barrel full of titties.

Melifluous

Anyways, I don't think the CDZers think CFC deserved to lose just because of Provolution. For me, it's more about what is says about a team when a guy like this is given a position like that. But personally, I didn't like the attitude of several CFC members who obviously thought they were/are superior human beings/civ players. And I just don't appreciate arrogance.
Markstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2005, 13:07   #18
Kemal

I must say I'm sort of disappointed with the read.. are you sure this is the complete forum Matrix?

It seems like lots of info missing, I can't find any analyzing (except c3b military intel) or diplomatic logs except the formal intersite chats..

I know I had at least like a dozen of long 1-on-1 chats with K, all containing info from both sides, for example with regard to the privateering issue, which I can't find anything about in this forum. Other CDZ-ers have made such chats too..

It's nice to see though that from the very start, it seems cfc felt the need to take out CDZ, or at least felt CDZ was the team to worry about the most, though it puzzles me why people felt that way at cfc.

At the start of the game,
By Hygro:
Quote:
quote:
Oh, and if we want and ally CDZ is the way to go! Either that, or eliminate them first.
By Donovan Zoi:
Quote:
quote:
CDZ - Iroquois(Mounted Warrior)

With a name like the "Killer Wabbits, " my guess is that they do not plan to make many friends this game. Plus, since almost all the CDZ notables have in essence "defected" from CFC, they might get particular satisfaction out of removing us from the game. And if they are able to build their UU, they will be quite formidable.

In facing the Mounted Warrior, I believe that the best plan would be to bunker down, and take out any comers. I would also recommend a strong road network around our perimeter cities, so we have a chance to pick off their Mounted Warriors and retreat to safety. A few units sentried on nearby mountains will scout any ambush from CDZ.

By far and away, this is the team I am most worried about. Hopefully we can implement Hygro's plans to earn their begrudging respect, if not beat them outright. Only by holding our own can an alliance with CDZ even be considered.
By Emperor Napoleon:
Quote:
quote:
We need an alliance aginst CDZ at all costs, even if it means allying with GCA. I do not think milatary will be our best option. I say that our focus should be science with some other nations helping us with lower tech units. We should reaserch techs ourselves and give none away.
Seems we were somewhat feared by CFC right from the start, I guess we can all take that as a compliment here.

Old 31-05-2005, 13:08   #19
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

well, k's an arrogant asshole whine, we knew that.

But that is not the only reason I think CFC unfit for the finals. Rather, they elected and trusted him - dumb! THAT is a reason to eliminate them.
Old 31-05-2005, 13:13   #20
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Kemal, I suppose it would be logical to take away the worst potential sources for flamewars. So you may be right about "missing" threads.

Ok, it may be that I am wrong, since it is still possible to flame on other messageboards, and there is still some posts there that are highly questionable if you ask me. I guess Matrix or Rik will clear out this for us...

But in total, most of this info is fun or interesting. It weighs up for the share of the forum that is full of hard feelings and such