Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Civilization > General Discussion > Civ VI
Home

Old 12-11-2016, 11:51   #11
Shabbaman
Administrator

I liked Dishonored 1 a lot, but especially because I paid something like five euro for it. I'm looking forward to paying the same for DH2.

Currently I'm also playing Battlefield 1 and Overwatch, but these games don't really resonate well with me. BF is, well, more of the same BF. Fun if you play with friends, but since I don't... Overwatch looks nice, but I've played too much Team Fortress to enjoy this game casually.

So that leaves me with playing Civ6 or going back to CK2 or my old Football Manager 2015 save. I'm anticipating new DLC for Cities Skylines more than another game of Civ6.

Man, I sure whine a lot.
Old 13-11-2016, 12:27   #12
socralynnek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
Cultural victory in civ5 was very linear, I'm Civ6 at the very least it looks more complicated.
You mean the cultural or the other cultural (the new one being the one using tourism)

I just finished a Civ5 game (few months old GOTM) with tourism. I found that one quite interesting as it is not straight forward and requires some tradeoffs.

By the way, for me Civ5 is new and interesting enough at the moment, that I won't switch to Civ6 until there is some offer. I don't have enough time for the prize anyway.
On the other hand, some aspects sound interesting (districts)
Old 13-11-2016, 15:17   #13
Shabbaman
Administrator

Civ5 tourism came with BNW. I never bothered to play BNW, although I did buy it in some Steam sale.
Old 15-11-2016, 10:11   #14
Kingreno

My god this game is realy bad.

AI does not upgrade units. Once you get to, say, tanks. It's crushing spearmen, warriors and archers by the hundreds.
Old 16-11-2016, 14:42   #15
socralynnek

Quote:
Civ5 tourism came with BNW. I never bothered to play BNW, although I did buy it in some Steam sale.
I think I didn't play much of Civ5 before BNW, so probably I am better off (that is: playing the better game)
Culture win is totally different in there for example (so, not as straight forward)

Thanks for the input guys, now I am sure to play Civ5 for a few more months before I consider playing Civ6.

I hope they will patch Civ6 often enough so it will indeed then be a good game...
Old 18-11-2016, 04:18   #16
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
I liked Dishonored 1 a lot, but especially because I paid something like five euro for it. I'm looking forward to paying the same for DH2.

Currently I'm also playing Battlefield 1 and Overwatch, but these games don't really resonate well with me. BF is, well, more of the same BF. Fun if you play with friends, but since I don't... Overwatch looks nice, but I've played too much Team Fortress to enjoy this game casually.

So that leaves me with playing Civ6 or going back to CK2 or my old Football Manager 2015 save. I'm anticipating new DLC for Cities Skylines more than another game of Civ6.

Man, I sure whine a lot.
Yes, I'm not going to pay full price for Dishonored 2. IIRC, with all DLCs, Dishonored was $10 when I bought it. I'm still waiting on Fallout 4 GoTY and its discounted version.

Now, I just had a 10 hour blast with Far Cry Blood Dragon which you can get for free on UPlay. The game is so silly, it is actually funny. The color scheme sucks but otherwise, highly recommended, very enjoyable time waster. Extremely high ratings for this game are fully justified.
Old 18-11-2016, 05:36   #17
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
Originally Posted by socralynnek View Post
... I hope they will patch Civ6 often enough so it will indeed then be a good game...
Judging from previous versions experiences, it takes up to the second expansion pack for Civ to actually become enjoyable. So, a year from now, I think I'll look at it again to maybe reconsider.