Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Markstar's lair
Home

Old 24-06-2005, 00:25   #11
Markstar
King

Who? What? Me?

Aehm, avatar, yes, I know it is about time that I have one. I actually have a few pics that I could use, just never gotten around to actually asking for it. Plus I can't make up my mind. I like an animated avatar (especially like akots'), but otoh there are some themes that I would like.

But thanks for the offer and of course thank you for doing the team logo!
Markstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 00:42   #12
Mistfit
King

Actualy Markstar I'm offering my services as an Avatar creator. If you give me some ideas I'll see what I can put together for you
Old 24-06-2005, 11:03   #13
Markstar
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mistfit

Actualy Markstar I'm offering my services as an Avatar creator. If you give me some ideas I'll see what I can put together for you
Yes, I know. Sorry that I wasn't clear on that. With "asking for it" I meant making a decision what avatar to use and posting it at the "Avatars are here"-thread.

If you are interested you pm me your email address I can send you the pics/avatars that I had in mind.
Old 24-06-2005, 11:46   #14
digger760
King

I hate to be picky, but, it is very hard to tell who's thread is who's for any lurker who has subscribed to all the teams threads. Perhaps you can add a team name to the spoiler title?
digger760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 12:50   #15
Markstar
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by digger760

I hate to be picky, but, it is very hard to tell who's thread is who's for any lurker who has subscribed to all the teams threads. Perhaps you can add a team name to the spoiler title?
Sure, no problem!
Old 25-06-2005, 19:38   #16
Mistfit
King

Well So far I've come up with a national flag. I used the colors of America and Germany and added in your leader
Old 25-06-2005, 20:00   #17
Markstar
King

I like it!
Old 26-06-2005, 02:59   #18
Whomp
King

That is fantasitc Mistfit!
Old 29-06-2005, 09:46   #19
Markstar
King

Alright, civs have been decided and with the Dutch we got our second pick, not bad imho. And since "only" Sumeria and Aztecs were selected in the first round, this means it was probably not even neccessary for us to select Iros in the first round. Oh well, better safe than sorry I guess. So, what does this all mean for us?

Here is the list again:
Team 1 (Markstar + Whomp) - Civ = Dutch
Team 2 (Romeothemonk + Grahamiam + Bed_head7) - Civ = France
Team 3 (Eldakkar + Kemal) - Civ = Sumeria
Team 4 (Beam + Kingreno) - Civ = Ottomans
Team 5 (Barbu1977 + Melifluous) - Civ = China
Team 6 (Kryszctov + Darkness + Banzai) - Civ = Rome
Team 7 (Bathsheba666 + Ville) - Civ = Aztecs
Team 8 (Matrix + Killer) - Civ = Egypt

Obviously we are going to need a strong defense since there a a lot of teams with strong early attack, especially:
- Rome; combined with strong players, this civ is definitely one to be afraid of.
- Aztec; Agricultural and the naughty warriors, could mean trouble. Somebody needs to trigger their GA
- Egypt; very powerful civ especially early on. Very high threat level.
- Sumeria; not a strong offensive unit, but in the hands of Kemal and Eldakkar I think we need to expect the worst. Here also some team needs to step up and trigger their GA asap.

Furthermore, two other civs beside us start with Alphabet - Team 2 (France) and Team 6 (Rome). Especially France worries me since they have a decent chance of winning the Phil race due to their Industrious trait (-> faster roads -> more commerce), but we should be able to keep up since we will grow faster, I hope.

Now all that needs to be decided is what we build first. I see three options:
- warrior, then granary: station him at home so we can concentrate on building the granary, thus being able to put all commerce into writing
- settler: if there is a second cow/wheat around this might be a valid option -> a second good early city will boost our production and may give us a good advantage
- granary: risky but of course the most profitable since getting a likely settler factory.

Other things to consider:
- we need to explore, since we need Bronze Working asap (protection against other civs)
- ... ?
Old 29-06-2005, 17:40   #20
Whomp
King

I like the idea of getting a gran out right away. Our biggest risk is if someone tries to rush us. If that happens we would have to waste some shields but I think we should take that gambit. I also think we should go for philo because of our growth trait. The biggest risk I see there is the lux slider will run high being ag but again worth the shot. Our mming will have to be perfect.