Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Gothmog's Dungeon
Home

Old 06-02-2004, 16:35   #21
Gothmog

Well, I opened up the save and what did I see?

Those sneaky Iroquoi! What could they be upto? I thought I saw them moving that way when I saved the last turn but I wasn't sure. Most of my army is in the south waiting for ten more turns to attack Germany, the borders of both his cities just expanded (libraries?) and I had to reposition my troops.

I decided to take full advantage of the Iroquoi in this trade.

If they don't declare war on me, I will have to do so on them. I upgraded all local warriors to swords and moved some spears north and west as you can see in the image above. I am thinking I will start prosecuting war on the Germans next turn too. Either declaring, or just moving next to their cities and refusing to move then declaring the following turn. I got the techs I was going to extort from them from the Iroquois. I'll want to own my whole continent anyway, and I am sure Sky feels the same way. So who cares about rep? I was really just holding off out of reflex, and waiting for the Germans to get some more troops that I can fish for leaders.

As soon as I click 'next turn' this totally predictable action occurs.

One mounted warrior attacks New York and loses to one of my swords there. I didn't want to fight the Iroquois until I at least had pikes, but I'll just play a defensive war for a while and make them pay for peace. Their initial force is not much, no SOD of mounted warriors that could really hurt me. Two more MW's moved towards me in the IT, and one was covering a settler. That must be the rational for war, a settling a resource in my territory. Once I get Knights I'll wipe them out.
Gothmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2004, 23:17   #22
anarres
anarchist butcher

How is this game going? Are you going to start any C3C ones? they are much more fun IMO.
Old 22-03-2004, 21:09   #23
Gothmog

Game hasn't moved much. I'm very busy atm, I am moving to my new house in two weeks. So I haven't been on top of Sky to get the turns flowing, and now I only check my e-mail for his turns the day after I send and then every few days after that.

I'm still at war with the Iroquois and they have put some pressure on me. I've been leader fishing on the Germans (maybe 10 elite victories in the last 4 turns alone) but haven't gotten lucky yet.

Once I'm settled in my new place I may start another game or two. I haven't even been in a SG lately. Actually I've only played C3C twice, one was the SG 'surviving SID' and the other a solo Diety game that was a lot of fun (I won as the Indians), and quite dicey. The Inca went runaway on me and had me on the run until I snagged the ToE and used the tech to get the rest of the world in MA's against them. I also did a number on them with a couple pillaging infantry armies.
Old 24-03-2004, 15:20   #24
Gothmog

I played a few more turns in the last couple days, hopefully we've got a rhythm back.

I did some more leader fishing in Germany about 6 more elite wins, no leader. That was all of their troops, feh. They only have their capital now on the little peninsula off the south west part of my continent. They did get Feudalism somehow so I took that for peace. I've been moving troops north for a while now and they are starting to reach the Iroquois border. This has allowed me to get that area back under control, it was touch and go for a couple turns but the tide is turning. I am going to stay at war with them to continue leader fishing, I would really like a quick FP.

I am researching chivalry now and will have it in ten turns or so, at that point I will make some headway against the Iroquois.
Old 24-03-2004, 15:54   #25
anarres
anarchist butcher

I guess Germany got a free MA tech? In my Yndy game I almost *died* when after 70 or so Elite victories I still hadn't got a leader...
Old 24-03-2004, 18:03   #26
Gothmog

Nah, as I mentioned on Jan 27, Germany had Monotheism and Engineering already - I was going to get those from Biz but the Iroquois gave them to me for a song instead

All the other AI's already had Mono and Eng too, and Sky still lacks Feud - so either they researched it or were given it at a cut rate by another AI (perhaps using a couple workers in trade?, I destroyed their capital at Frankfurt last turn and only got one worker). Anyway I'm glad they had it, I got it for free.

I am a little frusturated at my sucky lands. The parts of my continent that aren't long and thin have lots of tundra, not to mention the huge jungle to my south and redundancy in the luxuries - there are quite a few but only 4 different ones, I'll hook up my last (furs near Frankfurt) soon.

Still, I'm quickly becoming the top dog (Iroquois being my main rival atm). My current plan is to run over them with Knights right away (rollin' rollin' rollin').